• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

+1 on that. I got the Galaxy Tab 7+ and absolutely love it. Perfect size for a tablet.

I'm waiting impatiently for that suspected pure Google 7 inch tablet coming later this year...really impatiently...

And re: weather - folks, this is why I live in south FL. *shudder* I did one winter in Burlington, Vermont. It was a really, really cool little town, but it was a really, really cold little town too...I will stay in the FL sunshine and you guys can have ALL the snow! It's going to be 86 here today.

Upvote 0
Let me ask you guys a questions. How would you feel if you found out your workplace had provided a list of names, job titles, and salaries for every employee to your local newspaper so they could do whatever they wanted with it?

I agree with BB, sue them. At the very least, go talk to a lawyer, because I'm fairly certain it's illegal for them to disclose your salary like that, if nothing else.

Upvote 0
I agree with BB, sue them. At the very least, go talk to a lawyer, because I'm fairly certain it's illegal for them to disclose your salary like that, if nothing else.

It's a little bit tricky because I do work for a Federal agency and the newspaper filed the request under the Freedom of Information act. I still do not think that gives them the right to that type of information for every employee of the company. Public officials and highers ups, yes, but regular employees?? No. Complete invasion of privacy.

Upvote 0
Agreed on both points this morning.

I'd definitely see a lawyer first and explain the situation. See what your options are before doing anything too drastic. Why would they do that though? Makes no sense to me - is it a large company?

Also I agree that 7" and 10" are definitely too different markets. I love the 7" as am ereader although I'm sure the 10" is fine at it I feel the 7" is more the size of an actual book. I'm really digging the playbook so far though.

3BKX9.jpg

Upvote 0
I'm still a morning guy from the baker times. Today (since I don't have to go to work until 1pm), I slept in to 6am :eek:
Tonight we have our manager's outing. We close the restaurants a whole 1 hour early and tonight we're going bowling. While I love bowling, I don't love being out past midnight and getting up 5 hours later to go to work :(

I used to love to bowl, candlepin though, not ten pin. Let's see how many folks know what I am talking about.:D

Let me ask you guys a questions. How would you feel if you found out your workplace had provided a list of names, job titles, and salaries for every employee to your local newspaper so they could do whatever they wanted with it?

It's a little bit tricky because I do work for a Federal agency and the newspaper filed the request under the Freedom of Information act. I still do not think that gives them the right to that type of information for every employee of the company. Public officials and highers ups, yes, but regular employees?? No. Complete invasion of privacy.

I work in local government and my salary is published in the Town Report every year. That gets handed out at Town Meeting and is available year round in the town hall. Its unfortunate, but you get used to it. I should say, it is only gross pay, no tax or deduction information.

Upvote 0
I used to love to bowl, candlepin though, not ten pin. Let's see how many folks know what I am talking about.:D

I work in local government and my salary is published in the Town Report every year. That gets handed out at Town Meeting and is available year round in the town hall. Its unfortunate, but you get used to it. I should say, it is only gross pay, no tax or deduction information.

I can see that being unfortunate, but on the bright side, its very hard to be underpaid on an individual basis in that situation. You know where you are relative to your coworkers.

svt - As far as a private government contractor releasing pay info via a FOIA request, sounds like somebody screwed up big time.

Upvote 0

That's the thing though...I don't work in government. Complicated situation.

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0

If it's not the government, it's a contractor (although some DOE lab contractors like to think they're the government, they're not).

If it's a contractor, sue them. If there are 12k employees, get in line early.

If security clearances are required, complain to security that names have been released.

<------ not BB :D

Upvote 0
It's a little bit tricky because I do work for a Federal agency...

I misinterpreted this statement as you were employed by the agency, sorry.:)

This cleared it up.

If it's not the government, it's a contractor (although some DOE lab contractors like to think they're the government, they're not).

If security clearances are required, complain to security that names have been released.

What he said.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the weather report! I hadn't looked yet. :)
Mornings are evil. Personal opinion only. I have a tendency to get a streak of productive energy around midnight.

Ahh man...I cannot do that. And of course my fiance is best staying up till 11pm...... I am asleep by 830pm if I am on the couch by then, but will wake up by 4am everyday...regardless of whether I went to bed at 8 or at 11pm....always up by 4. (Used to work as a newspaper carrier for 10yrs as a second job....habit now, but I do my best work after my first cup of coffee in the am)
Morning all. Have a great day!!

Upvote 0

Not a contractor, but not really government either. Personally, my job requires a security clearance since I work at a nuclear facility. Other employees do not require such.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0

Not a contractor, but not really government either. Personally, my job requires a security clearance since I work at a nuclear facility. Other employees do not require such.

Yeah I just remembered you said you worked at a nuke plant. That is even worse, the company may have just violated homeland security protocols too, it may be much worse for them than just privacy lawsuits...

Upvote 0
Yeah I just remembered you said you worked at a nuke plant. That is even worse, the company may have just violated homeland security protocols too, it may be much worse for them than just privacy lawsuits...

Yeah, I don't know what all they just violated, but I know it violated my privacy.

See what I mean by government but not really now? haha Every other generating facility in the US (as far as I know) is owned and operated by a private corporation. Would never happen there. But because mine was enacted by FDR and still "controlled" by the government, I am a government employee and subject to the Freedom of Information Act??? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Yeah, I don't know what all they just violated, but I know it violated my privacy.

See what I mean by government but not really now? haha Every other generating facility in the US (as far as I know) is owned and operated by a private corporation. Would never happen there. But because mine was enacted by FDR and still "controlled" by the government, I am a government employee and subject to the Freedom of Information Act??? :rolleyes:

Your situation sucks. First stop would be HR and ask to see your start paperwork. I will lay even money that there is a clause buried in there that you waive privacy. Were you in the purely private sector, I would guess you have a claim for invasion of privacy. I'm just not sure about quasi-government agencies or gov't contractors though.

In the legal world, there are actually websites started by young associates that traffic in salary information. As a youngster, we used to conspire with associates at other firms to make sure we were paid the "going rate."

Upvote 0
I think my great grandfather told me something about that ;):p
lol... :D

I love bowling -- actually going to practice tonight.

Bowled for my school in college. I have so many 279's its not even funny -- still can't get that 300 under my belt though. I used to bowl 5-6 days a week in college and sometimes I really miss it.

My highest was a 189, but that was in candlepin. A good average there is 120-130.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones