• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Anyone catch this in the SGS3 forum:
http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/570378-coolest-feature-youve-found.html#post4561588
Sounds pretty cool. Wonder if that can be ported to the Nexus?

That would be great, a briefing alarm!!!

Morning all, so I was supposed to do cabinetry yesterday, but got roped into installing a friends cable box and wifi at their new apartment instead...and she paid by taking my other half and I out for a late lunch and drinks. Oh well, it was about 90 here yesterday so an air conditioned bar and drinks...or cabinetry?? Yeah the drinks won out....time to do the cabinetry today.
I also got a home brew beer starter kit for my birthday last weekend and going to give that a try today. Looking forward to seeing the process...and for some spent grains to make bread with!!
Hope everyone has a great Sunday!!

Upvote 0
Morning everyone!!! Yesterday was a day here - found a bathing suit that fits and so did my daughter. Then spent the day with my best friend, her husband and my brother and his wife. Played Cards Against Humanity and had so much fun. Today my cousin and his friend are coming back from a paintball weekend and spending the night before heading back to Virginia Beach tomorrow.

Upvote 0
My sister posted a pic on facebook of my nephew from his Tae Kwon Do class picnic. I couldn't help myself :D

545010_2232364266734_842605054_n.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COPACETIC!

Upvote 0
Afternoon everyone! Had a nice dinner and visit time with my parents and brother and his family last night. Wish it could have been longer, but they came up to visit my brother short notice, and this weekend my schedule was awful... Oh well, such is life.

Need to do some yardwork, but it is miserably hot and humid outside today. I really wish I could stay inside.. we will see what happens. Alright, well I told my son I would play the wii with him, so I am out.

Happy Birthday Copacetic!

Upvote 0
Hi folks... and HAPPY BIRTHDAY Copacetic! :D

Well, if you couldn't tell by the lack of curiously irrelevant posts, I've been completely offline for the last 3-1/2 days attending a Disabled American Veterans convention. SO:

Other than a tease about Jelly Bean coming to the Nexus (which likely won't happen by Verizon OTA but WILL happen via custom ROM), what's new?

Upvote 0
Thanks for all the birthday wishes! I had a perfect day, we spent the day at a birthday party for our one year old granddaughter, it was a lot of fun even if she did not have a clue. We are heading over to Virginia beach in the morning to see my brother, he is a boat captain and spends most of the summer there, perfect end to a great weekend! Hope everyone had a super Sunday!

Upvote 0
Thanks for all the birthday wishes! I had a perfect day, we spent the day at a birthday party for our one year old granddaughter, it was a lot of fun even if she did not have a clue. We are heading over to Virginia beach in the morning to see my brother, he is a boat captain and spends most of the summer there, perfect end to a great weekend! Hope everyone had a super Sunday!

Happy 'burfday' Copacetic! Sounds like you had a nice weekend!

Now can someone please tell my son that he must take at least one nap today??? Just one, that is all daddy asks...sheesh.

jmar

Upvote 0
Happy birthday Copacetic!

Anyone catch this in the SGS3 forum:
http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/570378-coolest-feature-youve-found.html#post4561588
Sounds pretty cool. Wonder if that can be ported to the Nexus?
Hmm, that is sort of cool. I'm more intrigued by the "Pop Up Play" feature, a picture-in-picture/splitscreen that lets you, for example, watch a video and send a text simultaneously:

Details: Sprint Galaxy S3 TV Spot Hits YouTube*-*Eastern Morning Herald

Reactions: ryancmatchett
Upvote 0
Happy birthday Copacetic!

Hmm, that is sort of cool. I'm more intrigued by the "Pop Up Play" feature, a picture-in-picture/splitscreen that lets you, for example, watch a video and send a text simultaneously:

Details: Sprint Galaxy S3 TV Spot Hits YouTube*-*Eastern Morning Herald

Yeah, but PopUp Play is rather... limited. On the Verizon SGS3 web page the PopUp Play feature has asterisks and if you go the the fine print it says "*Not compatible with Netflix, YouTube, Media Hub or DRM protected videos."

Not compatible with Netflix or YouTube?
FAIL.

Reactions: jmar
Upvote 0
Happy Birthday Copacetic! Sounds like a great weekend.

So made the first batch of beer this morning...should know in about a month to see how it turns out.
And I got a belated birthday gift from my other half...a new table saw!! Woo hoo new toys!!
Oh and got fitted today for my suit for our wedding in September...busy day today!
Have a great evening all!!

Upvote 0
Hey Early, how you liking YOUR new phone?

Screen and camera are fabulous and like any for me, the rest started rocking after I rooted it. :p

Running the Nova launcher, man, is that great, along with a skinned clock by Droid27.

And thanks to BestBuy stacking pre-order and trade in incentives, I swapped my 2 year old Evo and fifty bucks for it. :)

Still have my 3D as a spare and use it as a wifi appliance.

It's the HTC EVO 4G LTE aka the LTEvo, or as we say in New Mexico, EL TEvo!

Reactions: AntimonyER and jmar
Upvote 0
Screen and camera are fabulous and like any for me, the rest started rocking after I rooted it. :p

Running the Nova launcher, man, is that great, along with a skinned clock by Droid27.

And thanks to BestBuy stacking pre-order and trade in incentives, I swapped my 2 year old Evo and fifty bucks for it. :)

Still have my 3D as a spare and use it as a wifi appliance.

It's the HTC EVO 4G LTE aka the LTEvo, or as we say in New Mexico, EL TEvo!

I hear that phone is beastly!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones