1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy S roaming. Orange T Mobile

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rutts22, May 15, 2011.

1. rutts22

rutts22 Newbie

Hi All,
    recently upgraded from a HTC Hero to Galaxy SI9000. My provider is Orange and on the Hero I was registered for the Orange/T Mobile signal sharing. The Hero roamed OK and picked up one signal, if available, when the other signal was lost.
    However my Galaxy doesn't seem to do this. It's set to Automatically select and set to GSM only. I can select T-Mobile manually and the phone swaps fine. When on T-Mobile though there is no roaming 'R' in the display. In settings, about phone, Status, roaming says not roaming.
    Now I know the phones not faulty (it's a replacement and the old one was the same) so am I doing something wrong?
    My friend has a Galaxy on T-Mobile. When he signal shares on Orange his phone shows the 'R'.

Thanks in advance for any help.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ayrshiredude

ayrshiredude Well-Known Member

I am on T-Mobile and tried this but found it a nightmare. I seem to remember having issues with it as well. As I recall if you go into the manual network search there is one that comes up as orange/t-mobile. If you select this and have also had the set up txt message sent to you then it should work.

3. rutts22

rutts22 Newbie

Thing is i had no problems on my HTC. It used switch back and forth on it's own. So i don't see why this phone won't. Done the text thing again already. Still won't switch automatically. So annoying.

4. mattuhh

mattuhh Well-Known Member

mine switched between the two just fine when i had it set to roaming, but to be honest it annoyed the hell out of me as it was always switching soi turned it off as there was no improvement in signal anyway.

5. rutts22

rutts22 Newbie

Are you Orange or T-Mobile? I'm starting to think that it's something to do with Orange. If you're Orange how is your phone set-up?

Samsung Galaxy S Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews