• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S roaming. Orange T Mobile

rutts22

Oct 15, 2010
Hi All,
recently upgraded from a HTC Hero to Galaxy SI9000. My provider is Orange and on the Hero I was registered for the Orange/T Mobile signal sharing. The Hero roamed OK and picked up one signal, if available, when the other signal was lost.
However my Galaxy doesn't seem to do this. It's set to Automatically select and set to GSM only. I can select T-Mobile manually and the phone swaps fine. When on T-Mobile though there is no roaming 'R' in the display. In settings, about phone, Status, roaming says not roaming.
Now I know the phones not faulty (it's a replacement and the old one was the same) so am I doing something wrong?
My friend has a Galaxy on T-Mobile. When he signal shares on Orange his phone shows the 'R'.

Thanks in advance for any help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones