• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S3 Running Alot of Apps

Disable the apps you won't ever use. Disable apps that are not required to run the phone that are tied into apps / services you won't ever use. If there is an app you won't use that you can't disable, clear data and stop it. (If you are going to root, then you can just remove or freeze)

You didn't say what carrier you use, but that is signifigant in anybody being able to tell you what is fine to disable. There are quite a few spreadsheets on the net saying what is safe to disable or remove.

Mine is on VZW and I've pretty much disabled all their bloat as well as all Samsung's bloat that I will never use. I don't have many things running on my phone throughout the day when I take a gander from time to time. Just the stuff I'm using. My RAM usage is low as well.

It takes a bit of tinkering to get it just how you'll like it. Your battery will thank you for taking the effort.

Also, when you exit an app, use the back arrow rather than hitting the home button. It closes most apps that way rather than just suspending them to the background.

Upvote 0
assuming you have a US version of the gs3, then you have 2gb RAM. the apps being in this memory wont be draining the battery
+1

you don't need to constantly clear your RAM. Just leave your RAM alone
+1

There's a nice read in my signature about RAM.

Assumptions about PCs, memory and power consumption do not apply to Android. Every Android user needs to know what's written in that article.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones