• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S4 Freezes and hangs up, HELP !!

cra86sh

Lurker
Jun 8, 2012
Ok so I got my phone 3 weeks ago after selling my S3 which I really liked and I thought that S4 would be better replacement. Things turned to be different coz I've had a lot of problems with the S4 since then. The problem is that it freezes a lot especially after making a phone call through the network or through viber when I try to hang up sometimes it doesn't respond and the phone starts to freeze and if someone calls me I can't pick up, the phone also goes silent with regard to system sounds, that means I can't hear any sound when I raise the volume up or open an app or the settings (button sounds).
I called T-mobile customer service they instructed me to do clear cache (didn't work!) then factory reset (didn't work too!!) then I decided to replace it they sent me the replacement yesterday and I thought all my problems will be gone, but I was wrong! coz I still have the same problem!! I tried to uninstall half of the apps that I have on my phone but still didn't work. I also reset my phone to factory settings and installed one app only which is (Viber) but I still get this problem. Does it have to do my google account?! or I had bad luck with two defective phones?
Please help

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones