• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Galaxy/Stock android on behold 2 - It flies!

Upvote 0
SMS works fine. You need to make sure you factory reset otherwise the dalvik cache will be for old files, and the apks won't create their data in the datadb sqls.

Also speakerphone is also working.

Vibration might be working soon, everyone is too busy to test it :p

So SMS does work!? Sweet. I'm wanting to do this and get rid of TouchWiz, so I think I might do it now since vibration is the only thing that doesn't work at the moment.

Do you think it will be just a couple days until vibration is fixed? Should I wait for that?

Upvote 0
SMS works fine. You need to make sure you factory reset otherwise the dalvik cache will be for old files, and the apks won't create their data in the datadb sqls.

Also speakerphone is also working.

Vibration might be working soon, everyone is too busy to test it :p

Ok, miss read factory reset. Menu -> Settings -> SD card & phone storage -> Factory data reset.

Messaging works now.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
In the source:
I found: kernel\drivers\ps3
with files inside to control/manage the PS3 system. (Turn on, off, etc)

Is there a way to activate those modules/drivers and actually connect your phone through bluetooth to the PS3 and control it? On, Off and move around in the menu?

That would be pretty interesting... specially if you can get Remote Play to work on an android device!

Upvote 0
You'll have to make sure you copy down the message center number.

And I suppose now that they figured out how to do this, that maybe the source code from Samsung could be tweaked. I for one am holding off on doing this as I'm one of the few who like TouchWiz(don't hit me :p ). Though since they haven't cracked the boot loader, it may still be a while.

Keep up the good work.

PS: It would be nice to see a complete noob's guide to this. I for one dont know what it means "to odin"

You know, I was cool with the phone, until I tried to add a contact, from someone who called me. That was the most frustrating event ever...Took me all of 10 minutes. I've been happy ever since!!!! give it a whirl.....everything really works except the speakerphone, and I don't use it anyway...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones