• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Getting Amazon Appstore & Google Play on Klu LT7052 Step by Step

For the benefit of anyone having the same problem as Klueless, jski289 gave a good description of this problem in post 8. You need to uninstall the windows drivers for the LT7052 and then install the correct drivers which are here...
Lt7052 Rockusb drivers

For anyone who needs to do a full firmware install, Vulcanize gives an excellent description of the process for a Proscan (still Curtis) PLT7035 in post 3 here...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2112562

This is the firmware update for the LT7052...
LT7052 Firmware
where he says to load the appropriate drivers, use the drivers listed above.
The correct procedure would be to hold down the menu key while plugging the USB cable into the PC.

The rooting procedure should be as listed in the step by step with the possible exception that the ADB driver is already loaded.

I'm hoping that this will conclude my efforts here, I don't have an LT7052. I leave it to you fine folks who do have a 7052 to help each other.
SN

Upvote 0
Reply to post 25. I was on vacation for a couple of weeks.
Just to clarify the above comments. When my device no longer responds from the rooting attempt (due to wrong drivers or pilot error) and did not boot, I only see a dim screen (no content on it). The tablet was working before so it was not defective. I pressed the recessed reset button on the back side to power it off. I am not sure if I tried the Android Recovery mode. The Firmware Update procedure worked and my tablet booted up again. I now have Android Market app (it wasn’t there before).
The LT7052 does not have Vol +/- keys. In landscape mode, on the top edge on the right are the Home and Menu keys. On the right edge toward the top is the Power button. To the right of the screen is the round Back button. Firmware Update uses Home and Menu keys to get started.
Note that in the Curtis Klu LT7052 User Manual the Back and Home keys are incorrectly labeled.
Pressing the Menu key and Power key and holding until the splash screen comes up will get you to the Android Recovery Mode screen. But I cannot see the list of options no matter what keys I try to press. To get out of the Recovery Mode without taking any action, press the recessed reset button on the back side of the device to power it down.
For the record, the Android System Info app says the LT7052 CPU is an ARMv7 rev2 (v71) processor with running at 408-912 MHz frequency, and uses an RK29 board.

Upvote 0
I think I've gone crazy and can't read any longer.

I have a LT7052 rooted with Busybox and Superuser and an active Play store that I can use, it even has the Store text in the upper-right hand corner.

I'd like to upgrade to 4.1 or 4.2 but I can not for the life of me get even the drivers to work since I've re intalled windows 7 on my computer. I have followed a number of guides but I must be missing something because the drivers refuse to work.

Typically i end up with "Device failed to start (error 10)."

I have tried generic ADB drivers, the 7052 drivers, the TopNotchTablets ADB drivers and the drivers from the RKBAtchTools1.5. All dont seem to work at all.

What am I missing here? I somehow got the thing rooted and play to work at some point about a year ago, but I cant get anything to work now.

If I start the process with the tablet off and not connected to the PC, The androids screen is black, windows will install RK29 drivers correctly and say they are functioning but I can't interact with the tabelt. The RKBatchTool does not see it nor does clicking Update work as it says no device found. Windows calls it a USB Device. The device must be reset to start again.

If I start the tablet and connect it to the computer on, windows calls it a LT7052 and asks for drivers. I provide it the proper drivers for LT7052 win764bit and it installed but says the device cannot start error 10.

Well, now when I sinstall the drivers it says the drivers are not for my platform...and I am selecting the right platform and when I purposely dont it still says it is for the wrong platform.

If i turn off USB debugging I can use USB storage and camera mode. Is there some option im missing when I setup USB debugging, like which option medit transfer, camera, or mass storage should I select when doing the usb debug?

Upvote 0
This is step by step how I updated my LT7052's firmware to include the Google Play store. This method does NOT require rooting. This was best for me because this tablet is for my young daughter and I didn't want to make it easy for her to brick her new toy. Several other aspects were improved as well so I do recommend this update if you have the patience to get the drivers to work...

These instructions are for Windows 7.

Download the rockusb drivers. You can get them by reading the posts above. The ones I used were from the TopNotchTablets_Wopadi7_Firmware_Tools_Package.zip (search google for it) or you can click the LT7052 Rockusb Drivers link in post#27 above.

Download the firmware from the Curtis site. I browsed the site to make sure I had the latest file. Go to Curtisint.com--Support--Downloads and Manuals--Then page through all the files to page 10 where you will see the download link for the LT7052 firmware. Click on "LT7052 Firmware" to download it.

Extract the RockUSB driver files somewhere on your computer and remember where.

Extract the firmware update files somewhere on your computer and remember where.

The firmware files contain another archive that is a compressed .rar file, not a .zip file. Your computer needs to have a .rar extracter such as "Rar Extract Frog" in order to uncompress these installer files. So if you don't have a .rar extractor, now's the time to get one.

Extract the .rar file, it contains the installer program for the firmware image as well as a useless upgrade guide that is mostly in Chinese and written for Windows XP.

The installer from the .rar archive is called RKBatchTool.exe. Click on it.

The installer program will open. Next to FW Path: click on the "..." and choose the file LT7052_Firmware.IMG. Leave the program open while you do the following...

Connect the tablet to the computer via USB. If you've never done this before Windows will install drivers. It doesn't matter.

The order of the following is important:

Hold down the Reset button (tiny round button that you need to press with a paper clip).

Now press and hold down the menu button (hope you already know which one that is).

Hold them both down for at least 3 seconds.

Now release the reset button.

Now release the menu button.

The tablet should appear off or at least have a black screen. Windows will pop up a complaint about invalid drivers or something. Ignore it.

On your computer right-click on "Computer". You should have it either on your desktop or on your Start orb.

Click Properties.

Click Device Manager.

You will see a device there that says "Unknown Device".

Right-click the unknown device.

Click Install Driver.

I believe it asks what type of driver and shows you a list, choose ADB device (which just basically means Android Bridge).

Then navigate the prompts choosing to manually install your RockUSB driver that you downloaded and extracted. Be sure to go the Win7 driver and choose either 32 or 64 bit depending on which version of Windows 7 you have.

Once you get the RockUSB driver installed, look back at the Installer program's window. The box with a number "1" in it will turn green. Click "Upgrade".

Give it some time, it took maybe 10 minutes for me. Eventually the LT7052 will boot to a screen with a message box that you can click OK to, it says something like "you can install widgets on this screen" or something like that. Click OK and you're done.

You'll have to redo your desktop and all your settings, and Android Market will update to Google Play store the first time you try to use it.

Hope this guide helps someone.

Reactions: User_wl60
Upvote 0
Thank you LonelyHiker for your informative post. That is how I got my Google Play store app on my LT7052 tablet. Yes, the Software Upgrade Guide (MSWord document) that is included in the Curtis Firmware Upgrade package is a bit confusing.
When I installed the Rockusb drivers on my Windows XP computer, I remembered that my tablet was powered off and I pressed and held the Home and Menu buttons (both on upper right top edge of tablet in landscape mode) then connect the USB cable to the PC (I did not press the Reset button on the back of the tablet). I installed the device driver first. The Windows Device Manager screen shows Rockusb device class -> RK29 Device. Then I ran the RK29 firmware upgrade tool.
My tablet is also rooted, but I have not used this feature much since I got Google Play installed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones