• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Getting Amazon Appstore & Google Play on Klu LT7052 Step by Step

Note: If you have a Klu LT7033 then you should follow this thread instead... http://androidforums.com/klu-lt7033...n-appstore-google-play-curtis-klu-lt7033.html

This is a reply to the thread:
A step by step guide to getting the Amazon appstore & Google play on a Klu LT7033

I apologize for the hijacking of this thread but i could not find the information i was looking for and this was the closest i could find. i tried to follow the instructions laid out to root a curtis klu tablet model LT7052 as i am aware that the 7033 is NOT the 7052 i was hoping that the root procedure would be similar. to no avail the tablet would not root. my question is what would be different in the procedure that would allow me to root the 7052 tablet and install both the google play store and the amazon app store. i was thinking that it might be a different set of drivers but as i am new to this arena i have not been able to find the right drivers.

This was my reply...

I thank you very kindly for your reply because it makes it possible for me to warn you, and everyone else, not to throw caution to the wind. According to the Curtis International web site...

The Curtis Klu LT7052 uses an A8 3core processor.
The Curtis Klu LT7033 uses an RK2906 or equivalent.

Seriously I hope you did not damage your tablet.

I will start a new thread for the LT7052 and ask Scary Alien if he thinks there should be more space between the two. The title of the new thread is...
Klu LT7052 work in progress

I'm putting these quotes at the beginning of this thread in the hope that people will ask first:thinking: and try later, rather than try first and cry later:(.

Note:
There are some glitches about the way Amazon Appstore operates that this post will demonstrate how to work around, so if you do download Amazon appstore be sure to work all the way through this post. If you are not interested in loading Amazon appstore and only want to load Google Play skip the rest of this post and begin with post 4.

On your PC...
Create an account with Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more It will be faster and easier to do on the PC. If you already have an account, great. Just be sure you have 1 click checkout activated because it is required for use with the tablet.

On your Tablet select...
settings > security > check Unknown sources
use the back button (lower left corner) to exit settings and then,
download the appstore app to your tablet from...
Install Amazon

Upvote 0
Hey SuperNoober :), since this is the LT7033 forum, folks should be very careful and aware if they are using/trying any instructions for a device other than the LT7033 (they should be especially careful anyway since root-related activities can obviously be dangerous).

I know we've only got the one Curtis Klu forum here at AF for the moment, so following instructions for another device model might be fraught with danger (although it doesn't look like jski289 damaged his device--he only failed to achieve root).

That being said, if you have personal experience with the procedures you're writing for a similar device, just make the device differences/issues very clear so that the readers won't easily get things mixed-up.

Safety first, eh? :)

Thanks!

Upvote 0
On the tablet...
Download, but DO NOT INSTALL, the Google Play apk (ver. 3.10.10) (Thanks casperischinky)
com.android.vending-3.10.10.apk (Please report broken links)

Download, and install ES File Explorer
es_file_explorer_v1.6.2.4.apk (2.81 MB) via their Download page ( Thanks mavrikmeercat & scary alien) (Please report broken links)

Open ES File Explorer.
At the bottom left of the screen there are 3 vertical dots. Press this button.
A menu pops up, press settings.
Scroll down to Root settings and check Root Explorer.
A warning will pop up, select yes.
Another pop up, select Allow

If your tablet is rooted, the root explorer box will remain checked and you should continue with the remaining instructions in this post. (If you can not get root explorer to remain checked it means that the tablet is not rooted. Ignore the remaining instructions in this post, & skip down to post 5)

Starting with mount file system check the 3 remaining boxes. If the program asks any more questions just answer yes or allow. When all 5 boxes are checked...

Use the back button to get back to the main ES File Explorer screen (you should be at.. /sdcard/ )
press the Download ((folder icon.) You should now be at... /sdcard/Download/ )
press the (multi) Select button, select the Google Play apk you downloaded earlier, & press copy
use the up button to get to the root directory. (On this device it looks like a phone with a / )
press the system (folder icon), then press the app (folder icon). (you should be at /system/app/ )
Press the (multi) Select button, select the Google Play apk & press the paste button.
(Don't be surprised that Google Play apk seems to disappear, its made up of many smaller files)

click...
(3 vertical dots) > Settings > Root settings
Starting at the bottom uncheck the bottom 3 boxes,
Leave the next box, Up to Root, checked.
and then uncheck the top box.
Back out of ES File Explorer.

Shut down the tablet.

The next time you boot up you should have Google Play in your list of apps.

Leave Feedback! Please, when nobody does it feels like playing to an empty auditorium. Skip post 5, your done!

Upvote 0
On your tablet...
Settings > developer options > check USB debugging.
Settings > security > check Unknown sources
Back out of settings & shut down the tablet.

On your PC...
first determine what operating system your using, to do this click...
Start > control panel > system
Your processor type & operating system should be listed in the window.

Dimitriz found the correct drivers at...
(http:)//forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1967699
These were provided by SferaDev (Much Thanks to both of you!!!)
Download and completely extract...
LT7052_Android_ADB_USB_Driver_VendorID-2207_ProductID-0000_Drivers.zip (Please report broken links)

I believe all of the following windows operating systems should work, but you will have to see for yourself. (2K,XP,2K3,VISTA,WIN7/32bits) (XP,VISTA,WIN7,WIN8/64bits)

If you are using WIN8 follow the instructions at https://laslow.net/2012/03/14/disable-driver-signature-enforcement-in-windows-8/ and then try the .zip file listed above. (Thanks profit) (Please report broken links)

If your using win 7, or win 8... (If not skip this paragraph)
With the tablet off and the computer on connect a USB cable first to the tablet, then to the PC.
Give the computer a few moments to acknowledge the presence of a new device and then...
Start > Devices & Printers > Right Click (whatever icon the computer presents you with for the tablet,) > Properties > Hardware tab > Properties > Driver tab > Update driver > Browse to the folder you extracted from the zip file (BE sure to check include sub folders) > OK
The computer may give you a warning that the driver is unsigned, just choose install anyway.
The computer should recognize and install the driver. ( < 30 sec. ) If not you most likely pointed to the wrong folder, try again. Mine connected on the first try.

If you're using one of the pre Win 7 operating systems listed, you need to load the driver from the device manager...
With the tablet off and the computer on connect a USB cable first to the tablet, then to the PC.
Give the computer a few moments to acknowledge the presence of a new device and then...
Start > Control panel > device manager
near the top of the list find the Android composite ADB interface and double click to open the dialog box.
> Driver tab > Update driver > Browse to the folder you extracted from the zip file (BE sure to check include sub folders) > OK
The computer may give you a warning that the driver is unsigned, just choose install anyway.
The computer should recognize and install the driver. ( < 30 sec. ) If not you may have pointed to the wrong folder (try again), or perhaps the correct driver for your operating system really isn't there. ( I can't say for certain because I didn't try using your operating system) If at this point you have been unsuccessful at finding the right driver stop, tell us! If you have another computer with a different operating system try that one instead.

Once the drivers are installed the driver tab should say the device is working properly. You will also notice that the update driver option has grayed out. You may also find that the name on the icon for the tablet has become more specific.

If you've got the device working properly...
Download and completely extract the Root RK29 Toolkit 1.3.zip provided by SferaDev:D
Root RK29 Tab Toolkit 1.3.zip (Please report broken links)

Shut down the tablet and remove the USB cable from the Computer Only.

Reconnect the USB cable to the computer. This will boot the tablet.

On the PC click...
Start > computer > navigate to where you extracted the runme batch file from the Root Toolkit Zip. Double click the runme batch file.
A command window will pop up with a list of 6 things you need to be sure are done before you proceed. These are (1) Install the ADB drivers of the folder. (2) Power on your tablet (3) Turn off mass storage. (the only way to connect mass storage on this tablet is through the USB cable and that is connected to the computer. (4) Enable USB debugging (5) Enable unknown sources & (6) connect a USB cable.

(If you have been following these instructions you already have all this done, otherwise go ahead and do whatever you still need to do.)

Hit enter and then wait patiently. The whole process takes less than 5 min. but your tablet will reboot several times in the process. When its done your tablet should be rooted, and the program will ask you to...
press enter to exit the program.

Shut down the tablet & remove the USB cable.

Turn the tablet on,
Open ES File Explorer.
At the bottom left of the screen there are 3 vertical dots. Press this button.
A menu pops up, press settings.
Scroll down to,and select Root settings
check Root Explorer.
A warning will pop up, select yes.
Another pop up, select Allow

Wait a few moments. If the tablet is rooted, the Root Explorer check box will remain checked. If so continue with the remaining instructions in this post. (If not, then you are not yet rooted. The most likely reason this would happen would be that the ADB driver didn't install properly, try to figure out what you did wrong and do it again.)

Starting with mount file system check the 3 remaining boxes. If the program asks any more questions just answer yes or allow. When all 5 boxes are checked...

Use the back button to get back to the main ES File Explorer screen (you should be at.. /sdcard/ )
press the Download ((folder icon.) You should now be at... /sdcard/Download/ )
press the (multi) Select button, select the com.android.vending-3.10.10.apk you downloaded earlier, & press copy
use the up button to get to the root directory. (On this device it looks like a phone with a / )
press the system (folder icon), then press the app (folder icon). (you should be at... /system/app/ )
Press the (multi) Select button, select the com.android.vending-3.10.10.apk & press the paste button.
(Don't be surprised that the com.android.vending-3.10.10.apk seems to disappear, its made up of many smaller files)

click...
Back out of ES File Explorer.

Shut down the tablet.

The next time you boot up you should have Google Play in your list of apps.

Leave Feedback! Please, when nobody does it feels like playing to an empty auditorium.

Reactions: User_wl60
Upvote 0
Here is the site I got the drivers from
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1967699

The root toolkit is the same one as was in the post on the LT7033. The ADB device drivers are different.

Read the first post by Kukla he claims to have had sucess with this formula.
Anyway I don't own one so I won't know if it works untill somebody decides to risk it.

Good luck

Upvote 0
Well I suppose were all gonna die anyway sooner or later, but, you guys with the LT7052 asked for some help, I found drivers listed at the same site we got the ones were using in the LT7033, but now everyone's shy.

It must be that Scary Alien guy:smokingsomb: Yeah that's it, he scared em all away.;)

The only step that can be dangerous is the rooting procedure done with the root toolkit, but that is the second last step in the whole flow chart, so if somebody would be brave enough to start a dialog we could work through this thing one step at a time.

jski289 what happened? You asked me to find the drivers, I did, and now your too afraid???

It must be that Scary Alien guy :smokingsomb: Yeah that's it, he scared em all away.;)

Upvote 0
thanks to all that have helped. the tablet was successfully rooted and now i am seeing it both the play store and the amazon store will work. i will note that since i previously tried to root the device was installed into windows incorrectly. please make sure that if you have previously connected your device to your windows computer that you uninstall all related drivers from the lt7052 device and disconnect the usb then reconnect the usb and let the new device install with the rockusb drivers. it took me a while to figure this out as the device was there but not responding even when running the root program as administrator, which should allow all to work if properly connected. so make sure that when you are in devices and printers in your windows 7 manager that you see the lt7052 as a device under properties and not just properties for the removable disks and cd drives.

once i solved that problem the install went flawless and root was established.....

Upvote 0
I have just edited this guide and also the one for the 7033 to eliminate a potentially grave mistake. If you have used this guide before the time of this post then do the following immediately.

Open ES File Explorer and click...
Back out of ES File Explorer

While you were doing that you may have had the program asking for super user access. If so, you may also have noticed that even if you picked deny access the program was granted super user privileges anyway. Even the most careless of system administrators only grant themselves super user access long enough to accomplish the task at hand, and then they turn super user access back off. Unchecking all but Up to Root will allow you to see your entire file structure without the risk of accidentally erasing something vital, and turning your tablet into a paper weight.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
I got my daughter a Curtis Klu LT7052 for Christmas and was able to root it using the instructions above without any issues. I used a Win 7 x64 laptop to connect to tablet. Thanks so much for the help!

There is one issue that I have been having. I was able to download and install the Netflix app. I can open the app and click on the username/password fields, however, I cannot click on the Member login tab. I can put my username/password in and using the keyboard advance to the Watch Instantly, but again I can not click on any of the movies to watch. Almost seems like the tablet doesn't work with the java buttons of the app. I am pretty new to all of this. Sorry, if I don't make much sense. This was the only thread I found for the Curtis Klu LT7052. Any help would be appreciated!

Upvote 0
About Netflix...

Netflix simply will not function correctly if you try to run it from the &#8220;TF Card&#8221; you must have the whole app stored on the tablet so...

Settings > Apps > On TF Card tab > uncheck Netflix > Move to Tablet

Let everyone know if that corrected the problem.

(Sorry about the little tantrum, I had just discovered what Curtis International really is and threw my hands up in disgust, (stomped my feet, held my breath till I turned blue, etc.))

Upvote 0
I can't give you very good answers for this unit because I don't have one. You guys that do have these suckers have to help each other out like all us folks over on the LT7033 have been.

I wish you guys would get the 7052 figured out, because if what I suspect is correct there is a whole list of other units that may respond using the ADB driver listed for the 7052. Considering the responses I've seen here so far I don't really feel confident to even say the driver works for the 7052.

Come on guys, experiment! Whats the worst that could happen. You'll break something that was already broken out of the box? If you brick the thing you'll have an excuse to go buy something that wasn't sabotaged by the manufacturer.

SN

PS...

Here is the list of other tabs that may work if you ever figure the lt7052 out. (lt=Klu models, plt=Proscan models) Boxchip A10 Cortex A8

:Dgood, :thinking:don't know yet, :mad:oops

lt7052 :D
lt1024:thinking:
plt1044:thinking:
plt8031:thinking:
plt8034:thinking:
plt9735:thinking:

Upvote 0
I rooted the Curtis Klu LT7052 successfully a few days ago by following the instructions in this forum and in the xda-developers forum. I used the LT7052 rockusb drivers as stated in post #5 and in the xda-developers forum.

I am new to the tablet world, so it took me a while to read up on how tablets work and why I should root the tablet and how to make it work better. I started out using the &#8220;ADB Driver RK29&#8221; driver file mentioned in post #4 on the predecessor forum (&#8220;A Step by Step Guide to getting Amazon Appstore, & Google Play on a Curtis Klu LT7033&#8221;) but that did not work, my tablet no longer booted after that.

So I followed the instructions for LT7052 Firmware Update from the &#8220;fixya.com&#8221; web site (thread 13672423 Curtis LT7052 Tablet How To Update) (sorry I cannot post links). The web site recommended the drivers from &#8220;TopNotchTablets_Wopadi7_Firmware_Tools_Package&#8221;, but I stayed with the LT7052 rockusb drivers that I installed earlier (the rockusb.inf files are identical for Windows XP). I followed the instructions for connecting the tablet and then press and hold the Home and Menu keys then wait for the box #1 to turn green in the Firmware Update Tool window, but it never did. After several tries, I decided to skip the step and click on the &#8220;Update&#8221; button anyway. The box #1 on the Firmware Update tool window turned green (connection established) and the firmware update proceeded successfully (I&#8217;m relieved).
...Note: ... If I use the Back (round) key and the Menu key (on top right) then the Firmware Update instruction will probably work (I did not have the right key combination), see the edit note.

I booted up the tablet after the firmware update and found that the Android Market app was added to the App List. The Android Market App automatically updates to Google Play, so that&#8217;s one more item that I don&#8217;t have to spend time to figure out how to download and install.

After the firmware update I rooted the LT7052 successfully with the LT7052 ADB USB drivers (using Windows XP).

I also learned how to manually download and install Google Maps and Google Voice (side load) into the /system/apps folder so the apps won&#8217;t go away if the tablet goes into recovery mode. Now I have to figure out how to get my Amazon Appstore app working again. I tried repeatedly clearing data and uninstall and reinstall but it still does not work (cannot select apps from the list, cannot click on options, different issue than the one mentioned in this forum).

In any case, you can increment your count of successful LT7052 rootings by one. Thanks for the instructions. :):)

Upvote 0
I have just completed a major edit of this thread to include a number of the improvements we've been working on for the lt7033 step by step thread. The only real difference between the two units is that they require different ADB (android debug bridge) drivers on your PC.

Please report success or failure, this has been a major edit and I need feedback good or bad.

Upvote 0
Try uninstalling the netflix app & then reinstalling it from the other service than you tried first. I had no problems after downloading from Amazon so I can not claim to know the answer, but this is what I would try next if it were a problem I was experiencing. Good luck, and if anyone out there does have a definite answer to this problem please jump in!!! Together there are few problems that can't be solved.

:stupido2:

SN

Upvote 0
Thanks SuperNooober for your input. I haven't rooted yet to get the app stores but I have faith I can figure it out with the LT7052. My main concern is netflix, it kills me I can't get netflix on that thing, and this forum is the only thing I can find that troubleshoots it. Has anybody gotten netflix to work on this thing yet?

Upvote 0
When I first discovered the market problems with this tablet, I decided to download Amazon appstore because I couldn't get Google Play to work. I downloaded Netflix from Amazon & have had it working flawlessly since. This did not require rooting the tablet. The thing I could not get without Google play, (which requires rooting) was Dish remote access. The problem I did encounter was when I tried to move the Netflix app to the "TF" card (sd card) Netlix would only work when the entire app was saved on the tablet itself.

Again I don't have the 7052, so report results regardless of success or failure.

Upvote 0
I am trying to root it an I can't get passed installing the driver on the PC. I hook the tablet up through usb to pc, and it is in debug mode. I go to device manager it comes up as LinuxDevice under DiskDrives. I select update driver an go to the ADB driver an it says driver could not be found. I have windows xp. I don't know whats going wrong seems like others are having sucess with the same setup.

Upvote 0
It sounds like you have a dual boot system with xp & linux partitions on it. That shouldn't make any difference except that you are confusing your linux partition on your hard drive for the Android composite ADB interface.

On the tablet make sure you have the following checked before you connect the tablet to the PC
Settings > Developer options > check USB debugging
Settings > Security > check Unknown sources

When you connect the tablet to the PC go to
Start > control panel > device manager > Android phone > Android Composite ADB Interface > Driver tab > update driver > browse > check include subfolders & navigate your file structure until you get to the folder that you extracted from the ADB.zip > OK

The driver should install in < 30 seconds.

Upvote 0
Those Linux partitions are the memory in the Tablet. The internal memory an the Nand flash. Do you not have any extra disk drives that appear in the device manager when you plug your tablet into the usb? I have been following your guide step by step with not much luck. After messing with it for hours I got LT7052 to pop up as unknown device in the device manager. I think it had something to do with unmounting the memory in the tablet. To no avail the driver update fails on that too.

Upvote 0
No, with the LT7033 it connects as an android phone (USB debugging enabled) or a portable media device (USB debugging disabled).

See User_wl60 response in post 14.

Here is a link to the fixya page...
CURTIS LT7052 TABLET - FixYa

Here is the link to the Curtis' manual and download page...
Manuals -- CURTIS INTERNATIONAL
where you will find the LT7052 firmware...
http://www.curtisint.com/html/CustService/Manuals/CUR_LT7052_FIRMWARE.ZIP
and the manual for the LT7052...
http://www.curtisint.com/html/CustService/Manuals/CUR_LT7052_ENFR.PDF

After you unzip the firmware you will also have to extract the LT7052 FW Tool_Guide.rar

Good luck

Upvote 0
Sorry an thanks for bearing with me me SuperNoober, but I am super confused. On post 14 he bricked his tablet so he had to install the firmware. I never bricked mine. According the RKbatchTool I have the most recent firmware update on my device. I also bought it refurbished. So do I have anything to gain from doing that firmware update?

Upvote 0
EDIT: As usual I'm wrong, skip this post and see post 27

I did not get the impression that he &#8220;bricked it.&#8221;

Here is the impression I got...

The Klu LT7052 shipped with a firmware package that was defective from the manufacturer. One of the things wrong was the USB driver software. This software must be updated before any other progress can be made. The manufacturer seems to have included the Google play apk as part of the firmware update, and if that is the case you may decide that the rooting process is not needed for you, but that will depend on what you want to do in the future. If you want CWM (ClockworkModification Recovery) and CM10 (cyanogenmod's latest stable release) you will need to root. Regardless of wheather you decide to root the device or not your going to need to do the firmware update and get the right USB driver loaded before you can do anything else.

Other than that, he indicated that pressing the menu & reset buttons did not work as described. The back & menu buttons on the 7052 are the volume – & volume + buttons on the 7033. The firmware update instructions for the 7033 say to press vol - & reset at the same time. I wonder if the correct key combination for the 7052 might be the back button & reset at the same time. Just a guess.

Here is the driver link again...
LT7052_Android_ADB_USB_Driver_VendorID-2207_ProductID-0000_Drivers.zip

Try the firmware update and then, report back if you would. There are some steps I'd like you to take to help me know whats up, remember, I don't have this device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones