• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gingerbread & WiFi

Inmatxu

May 31, 2011
London
I read that one of the issues in Gingerbread is a problem with WiFi connection.

I do have the problem, connection to my WiFi is intermitent. It was OK with Froyo.

Apparently HTC is looking into it, have anyone heard of any progress?

The work around is to manually assign an static IP address, how do I do this?

cheers,

Apparently HTC is looking into it, have anyone heard of any progress?

None unfortunately.

The work around is to manually assign an static IP address, how do I do this?

cheers,

It might work, it's worth giving it a shot. Check out my post here. Let me know if that helps.

Reactions: Inmatxu
Upvote 0
I was running stock 2.3.3 with no WiFi problems. Upgraded to CM7 and WiFi is all over the shop. Plus I have many issues with CM7, I wish someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong, but to me HTC Sense is soooo much better, except I cant overclock.

Switch to LeeDroid. It's basically stock, but with a load of tweaks and optimisations. The dev is very good at listening to feedback and tweaking accordingly.

You can also install SetCPU.

Reactions: Sombre
Upvote 0
Hi All,

I too have upgraded to Gingerbread only to find that my wifi drops out when I go close to being out of range. Tried setting a static IP address but that didn't help. :-(

Any new ideas any one?

Try disabling mobile network when connected to wifi, that has been known to sort. HTC have fixed so hopefully you'll get another update soon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones