• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Glitch in stock messaging app (flash seen in top/bottom of screen)?

3vodroid

Android Expert
Mar 26, 2012
New Jersey
Hey guys/girls just wanted to see if you were experiencing something I have noticed since I got the phone with 2 different evo lte's. While typing in the same stock messaging app do you guys see an "artifact" or a glitch on the top/bottom of the screen? Like a quick flash. I've noticed it stock and rooted. No matter what rom. On 2 different evo lte's.

I notice it with handcent. Gladly trade that for the improved messaging reliability.
I notice it with handcent. Gladly trade that for the improved messaging reliability.

Haha luckily I'm having no issues w/ messaging *knock on wood*.. I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice it. Makes me feel better.:) Thanks guys.

Reactions: 3vodroid
Upvote 0
Hi guys. I am getting the exact same thing with the quick flash at times when using the stock sms app. I tested it with the stock htc keyboard and it doesn't seem to do it. I think it only happens when you select another keyboard. I tried it out with Swiftkey, Perfect Keyboard and Smart Keyboard and I still see it. It doesn't happen very often, but it's definitely a weird bug.

mhajii210

Upvote 0
Hi guys. I am getting the exact same thing with the quick flash at times when using the stock sms app. I tested it with the stock htc keyboard and it doesn't seem to do it. I think it only happens when you select another keyboard. I tried it out with Swiftkey, Perfect Keyboard and Smart Keyboard and I still see it. It doesn't happen very often, but it's definitely a weird bug.

mhajii210

I see it on mine with meanrom/SwiftKey but my good friend is all stock including the keyboard and we see it on his also. Seems like it is across the board with any keyboard.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones