• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Go Launcher Theme's Icons Question

JamesJoey

May 2, 2012
I downloaded a theme for Go Launcher EX. (BluX v1.0). Before I downloaded it I checked the icons that were displayed in the preview. The preview showed 16 icons. But after downloading it I found I only have 6 icons available. Is this true even for the themes one has to pay for?
If it is I'll never pay for one.
Also, I downloded a Icon pack an was wondering how I can get Go Launcher to utilize it.

James

I downloaded a theme for Go Launcher EX. (BluX v1.0). Before I downloaded it I checked the icons that were displayed in the preview. The preview showed 16 icons. But after downloading it I found I only have 6 icons available. Is this true even for the themes one has to pay for?
If it is I'll never pay for one.
Also, I downloded a Icon pack an was wondering how I can get Go Launcher to utilize it.

James

Choose custom icons and your icon pack should be one of the options.

Upvote 0
I think you bought a Launcher Pro icon pack and not a Go Launcher icon pack. AFAIK Go Launcher icons are sold as separate themes, not just icon packs. Go Store doesn't have a section for icon packs.

Not completely accurate. Some icons packs work fine with Go Launcher. Check the discription in the play store and it should let you know if its compatible with Go Launcher.

Upvote 0
I'd say cut your losses (hopefully the icon pack wasn't expensive), ditch the confusion, and get a good icon pack that you like from XDA forums. If you can find the exact same one's, get those, but chances are you'll find some even better. Download them to your computer and then just upload the icon pics to your phone's gallery.

In that case, its free, you have a larger selection, and its not confusing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones