• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Map Crash

HTC EVO 4G:FIX FOR EVO GPS REBOOT (fixes Hero as...

Call Sprint, explain the problem, have them give you your MSL code. From another thread (sorry, OP, I didn't copy your name, not meaning to steal) -

For now I found the steps to do this. Once you have your MSL, go to the phone screen and enter this:

##GPSCLRX#

As soon as you do this, you'll be prompted for a password...this is your MSL # that you can get from Sprint customer service. Once you enter your MSL code and hit enter, it will let you know that it was accepted and then your device will reboot in 10 seconds.

This fixed my issues with my EVO rebooting everytime I needed to use any app that used GPS. From reading the sprint forum where I found this fix, it seems to help many other users there as well!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones