• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root GPS stopped working

Ah okay... im in NW Indiana so im sure it will be about the same. This sucks... I dont want to go that long without a phone and internet. -_- I know stuff happens but my money is on it failing due to how hot these lil time bombs get. They should have figured out someway to void that out before releasing them. But thats just my opinion. Pay damn near 200 and have to send them in within the year. At least they fly it and fix it free of charge. UUUUUGGGHHHH is all I can say right now.

Upvote 0
I flashed back to stock after I noticed the issue. Tried using GPS in stock and nothing. I flashed over to CTmod 3.3 to test it and its still not working. Any ideas on what to try before I call up Samsung and send it to them to fix?

Just a quick note. I also odin to FA19 fresh installed CTMOD 3.3 and KK 2.2. When I got into the system I realized my GPS stopped working. I found that quite odd so I continued to search for what could be causing it.

I odin'ed again and reinstalled CTMOD 3.3 and KK 2.2. The GPS wasn't working again.

Finally I gave up and loaded CM7 and my GPS started working. Seems to me that CTMOD may have an issue with GPS on some phones. It could be a glitch. I'll let bloodawn know.

Upvote 0
Just a quick note. I also odin to FA19 fresh installed CTMOD 3.3 and KK 2.2. When I got into the system I realized my GPS stopped working. I found that quite odd so I continued to search for what could be causing it.

I odin'ed again and reinstalled CTMOD 3.3 and KK 2.2. The GPS wasn't working again.

Finally I gave up and loaded CM7 and my GPS started working. Seems to me that CTMOD may have an issue with GPS on some phones. It could be a glitch. I'll let bloodawn know.

I'm on EJ06 and CTmod 3.3 w/ KK2.2 and GPS works fine for me.
try switching basebands, It probably wont help, but it's something to try before giving your phone up for a repair cycle

Reactions: Xruptor
Upvote 0
I'm on EJ06 and CTmod 3.3 w/ KK2.2 and GPS works fine for me.
try switching basebands, It probably wont help, but it's something to try before giving your phone up for a repair cycle

Oh I'm not going to turn in my phone. Just wanted to let the OP know that I encountered the same issue when I went from FA19 -> CTMOD 3.3 -> KK 2.2.

Do you really think it may be an issue with the baseband? I just find it unusual really since it works fine with STOCK and CM7. I'll stick to CM7 for now till I can figure out what is happening.

Upvote 0
Oh I'm not going to turn in my phone. Just wanted to let the OP know that I encountered the same issue when I went from FA19 -> CTMOD 3.3 -> KK 2.2.

Do you really think it may be an issue with the baseband? I just find it unusual really since it works fine with STOCK and CM7. I'll stick to CM7 for now till I can figure out what is happening.

Well, it works with other setups for you, and the only thing that seemed different from your CTmod 3.3 than mine is the baseband.

ergo, "when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Upvote 0
Well, it works with other setups for you, and the only thing that seemed different from your CTmod 3.3 than mine is the baseband.

ergo, "when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

I have the same problem, same symptoms. I tried re-flashing everything today, this time FA19 w/ EJ06 baseband, no joy :(

Upvote 0
I have been following your posts for a couple days Xruptor because I was having the same issue. It turns out the problem is in the Kernel and Kouma released an unnofficial version of 2.3 which you can find in the KoumaKernel thread you posted on earlier, post #646. The fix finally worked for me and I'm using the /data option, not the ssm. It even seems to have sped up my lock on time as well!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones