• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

gslaxy note updates

I'm in the US and I got my 4.1.2 update today. I have the International version (N7000) and have had to deal with Gingerbread 2.3 since I bought it from Newegg. So today, I got a notice and flippantly hit OK thinking it was an app update until it took awhile and the droid showed up.. I'm not on AT&T or any other "big" company and I didn't use Kies (I don't think the N7000 is supported on Kies anyways.. It would say something like, Your device does not support initializing or something like that when I tried before) so the only way I see it came through was because its registered at the Samsung site.

If you have an N7000, then you already know how long we've been waiting for this. I opted to not use any of the hacks provided that were unofficial. Anyways.. going from 2.3 to 4.1.2 is remarkable. Now I can finally watch Time Warner Live TV on the go.

If you haven't got the update yet.. go register the device at Samsung and you should be all set.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones