• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GTA3 - Enhancements Gone?

Gearu

Android Expert
Apr 13, 2011
I seem to remember that when I first got GTA3 for the phone, lots of the cars seemed to have extra details on them, the engines were formed in 3D rather than a flat image, the Diablo Stallion's blower was different, and the Kuruma had chrome trim over the wheel arches and around the brake lights, similar to LCS I think.

I was playing this again recently and noticed all of this is gone, just the normal GTA3 work is there, has this happened to anyone else?

I can't remember if I downloaded 1.1 originally and then updated to 1.2, but I'm on App version 1.2 now because I had an old backup before I recently tried 1.3 (which is a train wreck), but the bulk of the files that I redownloaded through it are '1.3 era' I figure.

Does anyone's copy of GTA3 still have these extra details? If so I'd be interested to know what version. (I'll have to get hold of the .img file to get these details back either way)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones