• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Happy Anniversary Incredible Owners!!!

Old Member

Android Expert
Mar 23, 2010
Cincinnati
I've had my Incredible for a year now! I can't believe that it's still as amazing to me today as it was when I got it. This was my first smartphone and I have absolutely ZERO regrets. I'm wondering how many are still out there reading these forums regularly that have had their Dinc's since launch day.

Also, have you rooted, when did you root and what ROM are you currently running.

Anyone have any "Incredible" stories about their phone over the past year?

Here is my last post PRIOR to receiving my Incredible.

***EDIT*** Forgot to answer my own questions: I rooted at the beginning of August to get 2.2. I think it came out officially a few weeks later. I am running SkyRaider 4.0 and LOVE it.

Well you know I'm in that mix. :D

Purchased on day 2 of release due to lack of availability, remember that? Bought one of 2 available phones at a newly built Best Buy store that many people hadn't visited yet and felt like I got away with one.

Had to edit this part, just remembered I didn't wait on Unrevoked, rooted the old fashioned way...ADB + pulling the card in/out while standing on one leg and saying 3 Hail Marys. Still remember being in the chatroom and seeing the magic words....f'ing rooooooooooooooooot!!!!!!!

Running CM7 now and likely for the life of the phone. Never know though.

Upvote 0
My phone was pre-ordered so I guess I'm passed the one year point now.

I have had a few bumps along the road but overall very very happy.

I rooted in July, currently running Virtuous 3.2 with Hey Its Lou Kernel #4.

Currently happy with my ROM, but I never truly did enough research so I don't really know what the major differences are between virtuous and CM and skyraider...

Upvote 0
Same- pre-order received 28th. Still have it and have recommended it to many others along the way. Still love the phone. Had a zag screen protector on it from day one and it still looks great. By this time next year I will be saying goodbye but by then there will be another perfect phone for me.

no root fro me

Upvote 0
Got mine on Day 1 (April 29th). I'd been following the forum for a couple months before that and stalking the local Verizon Store- kept going back in there to find out what they knew (nothing as it turns out) and make sure I was on the waiting list. Turns out I think I was the only one in the whole city who even knew about it!! I think the girls in the store thought I was a little weird...

Rooted a few months ago, and ran the stock ROM for awhile. Then went to CM7, which I decided to bail on because of some FC issues. Been running Redemptive REVOlution (the Sense version) ever since and love it.

Besides getting rid of the bloatware, rooting actually fixed a few quirks I'd had with the phone since purchase, and I would advocate it for anyone. It was rather liberating.

Upvote 0
I'm still on my original device (y'all have noticed that today was the release date for the Incredible 2, right?).... mine had to be ordered (on day 1) due to a shortage in the Silly.Com Valley and I didn't get mine until May 5. Oh, what a happy Cinco de Mayo I had!

This has been a great ride, and a great place to spend my time with all y'all Android lovin' folks!

Upvote 0
firstanniversary.jpg

Upvote 0
I pre-ordered my DI, too, and received mine on April 28th. I actually had it delivered to me at work, at my cubicle, and activated it in the parking garage. This was my first smartphone, and I still think it is awesome to this day- does everything I need and then some.

To be honest, I ordered my DI with the intention of returning it before the 30 days were up, as my eyes were originally set on Sprint's EVO 4G. However, I was with Verizon already, didn't want to go through the hassle of switching and keeping track of trial dates, and most of all, I really grew to like the Droid Incredible- its size, AMOLED screen, snappiness, and Verizon's coverage.

Having this phone, I think it has set a very high standard. My next phone, which, like many of you, I can buy as soon as 12/28, is going to have to be preeettty loaded and reliable to beat out this one. I think I can be content with the DI for another year.

Upvote 0
Hey howarmat, just saw you got a T Bolt too. How do you like it?
i love it :) i never thought i would like a big screen but it is really nice. I still cant get the battery life to be as good as the Inc but otherwise its been fantastic for me. I dont have LTE avavilable yet, but should be here soon. then i will really get to enjoy it :)

Reactions: woop
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones