• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help having problems installing/uninstalling apps

varkie

Android Enthusiast
Feb 18, 2010
Michigan
I'm new to the incredible, came from the Eris, and loving the phone but am experiencing some issues that I can't find answers to through search (both this forum and google). The major one is that after I install an app, or uninstall one, I have to reboot the phone before it appears/dissappers from the app drawer. Never had a problem like this with the Eris.

Also can't get backcountry explorer to work on this phone and it works flawlessly on the Eris. Anyone familar with that app? The dev claims it works on the Incredible.

never heard of that problem, sounds like something is getting corrupted which is probably part of the reason back country navigator is working correctly. Have you tried using another sd card? Or the catch all would be a factory reset, and starting from scratch with a new sd card and all to try and isolate the issue. My phone a couple weeks ago was having issues with the internal hard drive(apps/system processes force closing on startup) and ended up having to get a replacement phone.

Reactions: varkie
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones