• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Headphone Jack ?

redram38

Nov 8, 2009
Ok I have a question. Does it matter where you battery life is when you want to use a plug in headset. I ask because I let my battery die wanting to condition it. I charged it to about 17 % and on the way home, with the phone charging I plugged in my aux input to my radio and phone. The music would only come out of the phone. The bluetooth FM transmitter worked ok, but not the headphones. The phone did not even show the icon. I got home and tried another pair and it still would not work. The phone was on about 25 % by this time. I tried rebooting twice and nothing. I then turned the phone off removed the battery for about 20 seconds and when I booted back the battery was now up to 32 %. I plugged in the headphones and now they worked and the icon showed. I have read about other issues just wondering if I have a bad headphone jack or if it is software related or maybe even the battery being to low. I downloaded toggleheadset and plan on using this from now on.

There seems to be a malfunction with the headphone jack. I was walking yesterday, listening to tunes and I went to make a call. I could not hear the caller yet they could hear me. I hung up and called back using speaker. I could then hear the caller and I plugged in the headphones and only then could I hear the caller. Tried it again the first way and again, could not hear caller until I unplugged and put on speaker. Instead of hanging up and calling again, I plugged in headphones and could then hear the caller again. Battery life WAS low however....around 17% so I don't know. Maybe it is the reason why it was acting up. I haven't tried with a good charge yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones