• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

hello just registered here is a little backgrond

slashtone

Lurker
Dec 19, 2013
Indiana
hello peeps I am prob a total newb compared to a lot of posts I've been reading for a few weeks now but as my nature I am quite the tinker and recently purchased this smartphone thru virgin which in itself was a lesson any way for years now I've had a lot of experience doin all kinds of stuff on PC and laptops but never tried with Smart phones( hence the cheeeeep event I'm basically using for crash test dummie) because I felt if i wanted to play or work using an OS and such I had a desktop built from ground up btw and if I wanted to call and related things the dumbest phone I could buy was it the most expensive phone I actually bought new was an LG Chocolate loved the mp3 player design in bout 6 months from purchasr I had aquired about 4 or 5 broken Chocolates of diff color schemes so tore mine apart frankensteined mine into a extremely coloful one I called a Chocolate Neapolitan so until recently never saw any real fun I could tinker on phones other than an apple iPhone built by the nazi for the cost of a used big screen tv and jail breaking is more lazy thievery than true tech dev but a friend of mine not long ago changed my mind on abilities possible with phones he let me play around on his galaxy note 2.....I got addicted to learning about this stuff since I'm an extremely fast learner and this new hobby is very challenging and fun so far I hope maybe I can use my mad macguyver skills to contribute back to the devs I read from even if its by sacrificing an event here or there lol I mainly registered here because I believe I stumbled across some very useful info and will be posting in all things root Kyocera rise please check it pu I would love break Virgin's boot loader...for the price not shabby phone once one could get into the good stuff just my rooted event with petty tweaks and launcher make this phone and similar ones like rise very good for newcomers and thrifty peeps though if I had known about boot loader conspiracy would have chose other carrier well see you in other places yall

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones