• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HELP deodex/odex stock Rom mms problem

evanrobinson85

Sep 29, 2011
Brooksville FL
Hello everyone. I unlocked and s-offed my phone. Now after I installed JMZ's ([ROM] EVO V 4G Stock ROM Deodex/Odex) Rom every time I get a picture sent to me from my girlfriend it is shrunk down to 240x320 resolution regardless of whether I view it or download it. I even tried using go sms pro and got the same results. Anyone have any ideas..?

P.s. the only way I can download them in full resolution is if she emails them to me.

The stock MMS app has a compression feature which force the MMS down so it's easier to download. If you look at the custom ROMs on the forum, you'll see a lot of ROMs have no compression feature for MMS. You should try ROMs, like Mean ROM, ZR3DX, or UltraMatrix. There's probably other ROMs with no compression feature, but those are just the ones of the top of my head since I've used them personally.

Reactions: evanrobinson85
Upvote 0
The stock MMS app has a compression feature which force the MMS down so it's easier to download. If you look at the custom ROMs on the forum, you'll see a lot of ROMs have no compression feature for MMS. You should try ROMs, like Mean ROM, ZR3DX, or UltraMatrix. There's probably other ROMs with no compression feature, but those are just the ones of the top of my head since I've used them personally.

That's possible, but the thing is, it never compressed them before, until after I unlocked and s-offed my phone and installed this stock rooted Rom. And I know it's not her phone because she has a triumph with her camera at the highest resolution. I honestly would not want to change roms because a lot of them are missing features and/or have issues that have not been fixed yet. I will if I have too, but I am pretty content with the stock Rom. I would just like to get this one I issue fixed on it if it's possible.

EDIT: NM I looked at the zr3dx Rom and decided I might go with that. It seems all features work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones