1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help - I don't understand the s-off instructions at all...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by blh2012, Aug 19, 2012.

1. blh2012

blh2012 Well-Known Member

So, these are the instructions I'm faced with on unlimited.io

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. howlofdawn

howlofdawn Newbie

Yes your phone needs to be connected to your PC.
    My guess is that you are using windows thus make sure you have the right files.
    You run controlbear.
    yes your phone needs to be connected through the process.

The way I did it was to remove the battery case then have the phone plugged in and facing down my desk. The program [controlbear] is going to run through what it needs to run and then its going to tell you when to do the "wire-trick" , pay attention and be ready. it has taken us all a few tries as far as i know.
    If there is someone out there that can do this on the first attempt, I'll buy them a beer.

blh2012 likes this.
  3. jvillejoe

jvillejoe Android Enthusiast

Here is a video and written instructions that may help you.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...rYGICQ&usg=AFQjCNE-anBT4s96Hr14WhbS42_9IK8dpQ

blh2012 likes this.
  4. blh2012

Thanks guys! Success! I am now S-Off. :)

5. nexgenasian

nexgenasian Member

congrats. after s-off are u still running rooted stock htc sense that the phone came with? or did you have to install another OS, and which one? I'm curious before i try to get s-off

6. blh2012

I've gone through 4 different ROMS since becoming s-off lol. Being s-off opens up many more roms for our phones.

However, you do have to be running a stock sense rom when you attempt the s-off. It could either be the stock rom or another sense ROM. I was running MidnightRom when I did the s-off.

nexgenasian likes this.
  7. nexgenasian

nexgenasian Member

i meant rom, my bad. so midnightrom was installed first? did overclocking work in midnightrom before s-off? or does s-off necessary for OCing?

8. G19

G19 Android Enthusiast

OCing worked. There is no difference between a correctly installed midnight rom with s-on or s-off. Everything is fully functional.

9. flemolord

flemolord Newbie

Ok I'm having problems with this also, my first attempt I got it to backup, etc, etc. Then it rebooted my phone the juopunutBear came up on my screen. Then it kept searching for device 3 times and wouldn't connect saying I'm to install drivers (i assume I had the drivers) so I downloaded the drivers there is no installation file in it what do i do? I try running it again its telling me install driver and press Enter to exit.

The juopunutBear is now always on my screen even after I reboot the phone. How do I restore the backup?