• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP! My phone wont start up

Surefier

Lurker
Aug 10, 2016
Hello, lets start with the story of when this started to happen.
I dont know if this effected it but when I was taking a shower and got out I accidently dropped my phone into my tub, the screen didn't work for a couple minutes but was fine after. A day passes and the phone starts to shut itself off automatically(still fine here). Another day passes and my phone starts to say "optimizing apps" and keeps restarting into optimizing apps.

Now my phone wont even go past the initial startup screen which is "blue bold like us". Please help.
I think its a bootloop but I dont know what caused it to do this, it IS rooted but I havn't messed around with it like trying to add a new rom etc etc.

EDIT: Some other information, its a BLU VIVO XL, android 5.1 lollipop. Rooted, no custom rom.

~Regards

Welcome to Android Forums!

If a phone gets wet, it is IMPERATIVE to NOT power it up until it is completely dry. The best bet is to remove the SIM, microSD card and battery (if possible) and put all parts into a ziplock bag 1/2 full of uncooked rice for at least 48 hours. The rice will help to extract moisture from inside the phone. It may take even longer if the phone was completely submerged, as in your case.

Since I understand that you tried to operate the phone immediately after the incident, it's a foregone conclusion that water inside the phone shorted out numerous electrical paths and potentially fried the internal circuitry. You can TRY the rice trick at this point, but I fear that the damage is done at this point. If the phone gets completely dry and still fails to operate correctly, then you have to decide what kind of phone you want to buy to replace it.

I know that's not what you want to hear, but that's what I have for you. Good luck.

Upvote 0
I was in the midst of typing almost that exact message when I saw @The_Chief beat me to it. ;)

At this point your only hope is to power it off and let it dry completely for several days in a bag of rice as @The_Chief suggests. I'm told kitty litter also works well, but try not to get the clay-based kind that has a lot of fine powder in it.

Upvote 0
Welcome to Android Forums!

If a phone gets wet, it is IMPERATIVE to NOT power it up until it is completely dry. The best bet is to remove the SIM, microSD card and battery (if possible) and put all parts into a ziplock bag 1/2 full of uncooked rice for at least 48 hours. The rice will help to extract moisture from inside the phone. It may take even longer if the phone was completely submerged, as in your case.

Since I understand that you tried to operate the phone immediately after the incident, it's a foregone conclusion that water inside the phone shorted out numerous electrical paths and potentially fried the internal circuitry. You can TRY the rice trick at this point, but I fear that the damage is done at this point. If the phone gets completely dry and still fails to operate correctly, then you have to decide what kind of phone you want to buy to replace it.

I know that's not what you want to hear, but that's what I have for you. Good luck.

Thank you for your fast reply, I thought the fact that it actually started up made it fixed, was working fine for 2 days then started happening. I fear the damage has already been done but Ill try the rice trick.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones