• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Hi all... Uber-noob here

can you elaborate more on this, did you build CM9, did it boot, what worked and what did not, thanks

No, I didn't attempt CM9. I'll leave that up to you. Lol. I was just tinkering around with your CM7 build trying to get my feet wet before trying anything bigger. Basically, I was teaching myself Linux, and how to develop for it.

Upvote 0
I downloaded the ROM Toolbox (NOT Manager), and it seems to be working really well... backs up apps, moves to and from SD, etc. Kind of an all-in-one.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO LOAD A ROM FROM IT!!!!! I use Toolbox myself for changing the build props, boot animations, and a few other things, and it's a good app, but the ROMs are not safe for our phones.

Upvote 0
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO LOAD A ROM FROM IT!!!!! I use Toolbox myself for changing the build props, boot animations, and a few other things, and it's a good app, but the ROMs are not safe for our phones.

I'll remember that... I was just using it to move apps to my SD, because I downloaded A2SD and it didn't like me for some reason. So, would I use ODIN to load ROMs?

Upvote 0
I'll remember that... I was just using it to move apps to my SD, because I downloaded A2SD and it didn't like me for some reason. So, would I use ODIN to load ROMs?

No bamachick, Odin is used to A: flash cwm or B: revert back to your original gingerbread rom (sometimes that's needed for some roms).
custom roms are generally installed by "flashing" it's corresponding .zip via cwm.

Upvote 0
Please stop in almost every other thread advertising "your" ROM and pushing people to running it. You sound like a desperate used car salesman trying to push somebody into buying a back lot special that's dumping oil all over the parking lot.

People will download whatever they choose, and should not be subjected to somebody pushing something on them.

U rite

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones