• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I'm new to Android as of last month. I started of with Windows phones about 2003, with XDA-Developers, then went to the dark side and got an iPhone in 2009. But I was frustrated with not being able to change much at all.

Now I have a Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket with Gingerbread, which is expected to have ICS in the next few months.

I'm very interested in programing my own Apps and maybe, and if I get good enough, putting them in the Android store. I have an Engineering degree, so hopefully I'll catch on relatively quickly ... although from what I've seen so far it looks rather ominous.

I'm hoping some of you have gone from being a complete Newbie, like myself, to being able to program in Android ... and can share your lessons learned with me ... and/or point me in the right direction. Since what I've found so far looks like it will take a long time to learn.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you !!!

Tim :)

Welcome to the forums!

Glad you decided to join the Android ranks!!!

There are a couple of sub-forums that you may want to check out - Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket - Android Forums (for all device related questions, as other users are the best to offer help with that sort of thing) and Android Development - Android Forums (for anything to do with development - I feel sure that the devs will be happy to help you get started in developing)

Hope you find this place useful!!

Reactions: Olliesshop
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones