• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How is your battery life?

My phone is not rooted. On a typical day when I'm on wi-fi most of the day at work I'll be down to around 30% in the evening, and that's with most of my usage being phone calls and text messges. If I have bluetooth enabled (even if I'm not using my earpiece) it's usually in the teens. I just got back from being on vacation for a few days however, and even when I turned off bluetooth and wi-fi and only sent a few texts my phone was down to 5% battery by around 3pm. Would switching on Power Saving Mode have helped, should I have killed some apps, is there a battery maintenance app I could be using, or maybe do I need a new battery?

Upvote 0
There is an app called DS battery saver that will help a lot. It sleeps your data connections when your phone is idle and not being used (3g, wifi), and wakes the connection when you start using the phone again. also some apps have a bad habbit of draining power, check out greenify (also an app) to handle that problem. I have purchased a battery on Ebay that is extended capacity but stiil OEM size so the normal cover still fits.

Upvote 0
There is an app called DS battery saver that will help a lot. It sleeps your data connections when your phone is idle and not being used (3g, wifi), and wakes the connection when you start using the phone again. also some apps have a bad habbit of draining power, check out greenify (also an app) to handle that problem. I have purchased a battery on Ebay that is extended capacity but stiil OEM size so the normal cover still fits.

Extended capacity?

Can you post a link?

Upvote 0
If one has smartphone then you have to get used with fast depletion of battery. Get a back up one and voila problem solved.
I bought mine on amazon. It is 2500mah but is depleted same rate like original of 1900mah. The seller is ok but not the intended advertisement of higher capacity.
As long as is working no worries. Good luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones