• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to copy lat/long in Google Map

vpelton

Dec 28, 2009
In Google Maps on my Android, I know when I click on a place on the map, it shows lat/long in the search bar. But how do I COPY the lat/long?

All the forums I have read seem to have old info. They say to click on the lat/long values to copy. But when I click on the lat/long (that is now in the search bar), it changes to the address. Some of the old info also says to swipe up to see more data but again, that area now shows the address, not the lat/long.

After you pin and see the info in the search bar there should be options at the bottom of the screen - directions, start, save, share or add label. If you select share then you can copy it to your clipboard or use the other sharing options.
I did the pin, then selected Share, then selected Copy to Clipboard. But when I did a paste, it was just a URL for that location for Google Maps. I want to copy the lat/long. How can I do that?

Upvote 0
If you are having trouble copying latitude and longitude coordinates from Google Maps on Android, tap the coordinates (in the search bar or location details) to highlight them, then long-press to bring up the copy option. If that doesn't work, take a screenshot of the coordinates, and then use an OCR (Optical Character Recognition) app or tool to extract the text from the screenshot, which can be pasted elsewhere. This workaround should help you access and copy the coordinates effectively.

Upvote 0
EDITED :

If you want the coordinates of a place or destination it apparently won't show if the place has a name or label. If you put the pin near to the place, it may show the address initially, but long pressing the Pin will change it to DD coordinates which can be changed to Degrees, Minutes, Seconds coordinates.
I think you need to copy the DD coordinates to clipboard and convert it to DMS :

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In Google Maps on my Android, I know when I click on a place on the map, it shows lat/long in the search bar. But how do I COPY the lat/long?

All the forums I have read seem to have old info. They say to click on the lat/long values to copy. But when I click on the lat/long (that is now in the search bar), it changes to the address. Some of the old info also says to swipe up to see more data but again, that area now shows the address, not the lat/long.
When it displays latitude and longitude in the search bar, simply click on them and hold for a moment. The text will be highlighted, and two menu buttons, 'cut' and 'copy,' will appear.

Reactions: Rob
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones