• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [How-To] Custom Splash Screens [7/11/12]

2fast4u88

Android Enthusiast
Aug 22, 2011
Custom Splash Screens

Well while porting cwm, working on some aosp goodness. A thought crossed my mind on how to change the radio with out re-locking. Pondering the idea I also thought of ways to change the splash screen as it was just to plain. So thinking back to playing with the Desire & Merge, I decided to start dumping the partitions. Well I started with the splash screen, where it actually worked. The radio, even though I found the partition didn't fair as well. Any way on to the goodies.

Htc HeroS/Design 4g Custom Splash Screen - YouTube
Warning you do so at your own risk. Playing with the partitions is dangerous and could cause a semi-brick to the brick issue. How ever I took all the guess work out of doing so. This doesn't mean something can't go wrong. With that said myself or a team member is not responsible for your device. Thanks!

Instructions:
Since it is easier for me to update one post, along with due to not being able to copy and paste my original thread due to bbcode differences. Instructions can be found CLICK HERE

Tested On/With:
Only Tested/Working With My ClockworkMod Port
Tested on HeroS any firmware. Should/Will work with Design 4g as well.

Credits:
Pof from xda for his nbimg to create the goodness​

You are correct as to h-boot won't flash them. Same way with the radio as well. How ever I dumped all the partitions to find the splash one and the only reason it works in recovery is it has busybox in it.

I tried flashing to our radio partition but it doesn't work so well there. I need to contact the one guy on here to see if the prl will take or not.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones