• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to remove clockworkmod?

First of all you need to flash the relevant stock kernel from here

This will remove root and put the stock recovery back on. You will then need to get a usb jig from ebay and use this to reset your flash counter to zero.

Also if you have flashed any unbranded or custom firmwares you will need to flash your carrier branded firmware from here

Upvote 0
First of all you need to flash the relevant stock kernel from here

This will remove root and put the stock recovery back on. You will then need to get a usb jig from ebay and use this to reset your flash counter to zero.

Also if you have flashed any unbranded or custom firmwares you will need to flash your carrier branded firmware from here

strange done all that but the cwd still there when i go into recovery mode.

my gs2 keeps freezing first i thought it was from the rom but tried 3 and still got the freezes, been to vodafone and they said it was software related so they flashed the stock rom again but i dont believe that is the problem.

i have updated the modem yesterday but i dont think that can be freezing the phone

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones