• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to root the LG Leon/LG Power

I know it's always risky rooting but i just wanted to know by opinion how safe does anyone who has tried this think it is. I'm about to try it and just got the phone a few hours ago so it would help my nerves to hear it worked good for most who used it.
Thanks for anyone who replies.
I did it on my phone and it worked. That's why I added a screenshot from my phone when I rooted so people would see it worked.

Reactions: linsalata28
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hey, could any of you help me? My Tracfone LG Power is screwed up. I rooted it as soon as I got and eagerly deleted the system keyboard and McAffee, but then performed a factory reset, so I had no way to enter my Google account in order to install a keyboard. Luckily I solved that by transferring the apk from my computer. Even after that was done, though, no notifications show up, and only the back button works out of the on screen keys. Screen lock also does not function. The default home doesn't include Nova Launcher as an option, even though it is installed. This couldn't be fixed with DefaultAppChanger. In hindsight I obviously should done a backup while rooted. I never had these problems with the Ultimate 2.

Upvote 0
Hi all, I posted a thread in the main board, by I figured I'd ask here too. I have the LG Sunset LTE L33L on Straight Talk and I was wondering if the ROMs and recovery for the Leon would work on it. From what I can tell, it's the same phone as the LG Power, just on AT&T's towers. I have root if that matters. And, I took a screencap of my software information. Thanks for any info.
tmp_25164-Screenshot_2015-07-23-18-24-412061917024.png
tmp_25164-Screenshot_2015-07-23-18-24-412061917024.png

Upvote 0
Hello all. So I've come here as a complete noob in the realm of rooting in search of a way to root my LG Power. Its a tracfone through straight talk. Reading these posts have left me a bit confused. Is there a reliable way to root this device? Here is the info on it.View attachment 91463
Just use Kingroot, most of these posts are about the Leon's problems. I haven't see a brick on the Power.

Reactions: Anthony0311
Upvote 0
Just use Kingroot, most of these posts are about the Leon's problems. I haven't see a brick on the Power.

Thanks for the reply! So all I have to do is download and install the program linked on the first page of the thread. Seems rather simple. I thought rooting was way more involved. I keep trying to download the program, but unfortunately I've reached my data limit and it fails everytime. I'll probably borrow someone's computer and download it to a thumb drive if that will work.

Upvote 0
I ran supersume all was not good Soft brink hing up on metro logo after the reboot. Do i need to do it in TWRP like it asks before reboot using supersume that is?

What if you already kingrooted can you run atutu benchmark app and swith to SU after already Kingrooted?

When i press the terminal comands to switch to from kinguser it says file not found. Do I maybe need to put su zip on SD? Man I knew if I could just flash the su zip

Ok flashing su zip isnt working. The Terminal wont recognize the file sayin no such file and SuperSU me soft bricked me when I said yes to rebooting got stuck on metro logo I have root TWRP and tryed everything to get su instead of Kinguser. This blows. Afraid to try Supersu me and brick again. Idk maybe if I route tbrougj twrp and try the end message said it would be safer

Wow nothing works and what seemed the safest rout bricked me and that would be supersume Saod it all weny well hit reboot and stuck at metro logo am I only able to use a certain version of kingroot to make this transition possible? Supersume said anything over 4.0.1 cant remember and I used 4.0.5 so should have taken damn I need su

Of

If I updated kingroot will supersu me work then?

I noticed 2 packages that dont come with the kingroot to su zip than the guy in the very easy to follow using ES Filemanager I followed every step rewarched it simple but I dont get 2 pacakeges I get busybox witch i already have but. .. And I get 2 others besides su zip. Guy in video has two more sh somthin ir other damn this is gettn crazy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones