• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to turn on and off LTE

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/eas/GetApplicationAttachment.html?id=1413574

Read number 8

8. 1XRTT CDMA will not simultaneously transmit with LTE in any configuration(s) or mode(s) via software, set at the factory. This is a requirement of our buyer.

This is from the paperwork samsung filed with the FCC for the indulge. samsung ships the phone with voice and data not able to happen simultaneously. It even says that this has been disabled via software, so the phone is able to do it but the android OS samsung ships prevents it because that is what metropcs required them to do.

You can find the rest of the papers at: https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas...me=N&application_id=196558&fcc_id='A3LSCHR910'

Reactions: ciper
Upvote 0
The only time my 4g turns on (after i shut it off obv) is when/after i make phone calls. Im almost programmed to shut it off each time after.

so do i bro so do i LOL

a MikesToolz your signature thats werewards isint that i belive you earned some of my last reward LOL

But my question is do they only allow one pending claim at a time as in i do pepsi and have to wait for that to be approved before i do like say Subway

Upvote 0
so do i bro so do i LOL

a MikesToolz your signature thats werewards isint that i belive you earned some of my last reward LOL

But my question is do they only allow one pending claim at a time as in i do pepsi and have to wait for that to be approved before i do like say Subway
Nope do as many as you want and they all just wait in the pending list until they get approved.

:)

another cool app thats like this one i saw while at a local restaurant called SCVNGR. That one gives you discounts at the restaurants by completing chalenges like taking a picture of your food, checking in, posting a message.
they had a paper about it at my local Buffalo Wild Wings. Just for checking the first time in at the restaurant with the app It gave me enough points to get $5 off of our meals.

Upvote 0
Nope do as many as you want and they all just wait in the pending list until they get approved.

:)

another cool app thats like this one i saw while at a local restaurant called SCVNGR. That one gives you discounts at the restaurants by completing chalenges like taking a picture of your food, checking in, posting a message.
they had a paper about it at my local Buffalo Wild Wings. Just for checking the first time in at the restaurant with the app It gave me enough points to get $5 off of our meals.

thats cool on the scvnger app

but on the wereward i did one and it wouldnt let me do a second one everytime i claim it and take the pic it saves and goes right back to camera and not the post page LOL

and most of all will it let you do the same one of course on different days but still the same one more then once

Upvote 0
I have another idea: if you're tired of fighting LTE coming back on, why not just pull the SIM card out of the phone, lol! :)

It stays off for me, Im not having any issues with it coming back on unless I tell it to.

Also i think the phone shuts off all communication if the simcard is pulled(if i remember correctly from the last time i pulled mine).

Upvote 0
It stays off for me, Im not having any issues with it coming back on unless I tell it to.

Also i think the phone shuts off all communication if the simcard is pulled(if i remember correctly from the last time i pulled mine).

hm, that's interesting. Apparently, a lot of things are different in Florida :)

it's a bummer if it shuts off EVERYTHING, when you eject the sim card... sonsofb$tches the are :(

Upvote 0
Thanks to Nickrussel I found this out.

First download the app any cut. Go to your home screen and make a short cut. Obviously choose any cut, and then choose activity. Then look for LTE Functionality test. Then click it when its on the home screen. Notice at the top the two options OMG this is amazing! I tested it to in an LTE area, and it stayed on x1 instead of going to LTE. I'll do more testing, but so far we have a way to turn it on and off!! Again great find thanks to Nickrussel, awesome app find man!

saved my ass, thanks

Upvote 0
hey first of all, turning off the LTE really helps a lot. charges faster and last longer.
however i noticed that after lets say 3 days of using it, now it keeps going back to 1x even if i turn on the LTE, not sure if this is because i was messing with the on/off thing or is because the service has been irregular the past 2 days, but it didn't happen before.

any ideas? thanks

Upvote 0
hey first of all, turning off the LTE really helps a lot. charges faster and last longer.
however i noticed that after lets say 3 days of using it, now it keeps going back to 1x even if i turn on the LTE, not sure if this is because i was messing with the on/off thing or is because the service has been irregular the past 2 days, but it didn't happen before.

any ideas? thanks

Service has been shitty here the past few days here as well. We're guinea pigs for Metro's LTE so we can expect crap like this to occur every now and then. Today I couldn't even download higher than 2mbps when I normally was getting speeds in the 4 - 5 mbps range

Upvote 0
i know but i think for all the beginners it would be safer not to give access to critical files that can brick the phone

and for me personally i rather have a app on my screen that just turns off and on rather then going in deeper into it with all the other options

By the way its now been alittle over eight hours total since my full charge and i have only done about 2 hours worth of mixed usuage on the phone the battery is currently at 52% so i lost 48% in the last eight hours

Im glad I joined this site finaaly some ppl to talk to about this issue I actually love my 4g when Im at work especially on my lunch breaks when i watch droid streamer with a 4g connection but here is my delemma My 4g just goes out sometimes when im in a 4g area so i tried any cut and I saw the LTE functions I seen on youtube you can turn it off then back on but when i want to turn it on it doesnt come on unless I reboot my phone I even entered the code where you can have it on LTE mode only then it says something like restart please Im not sure if its asking me to reboot my phone or what? Id like just a little switch just like the wifi button to toggle the function on or off sorry for my ramblings But Im just looking for a solution to this I've downloaded so many apps for this and none have worked for me I really dont want to brick my phone or anything so any advice anyone? :thinking:

Upvote 0
If you use the Anycut toggle app, when you tap on LTE ON, just be patient and it'll reconnect. It seems to take a while as if it cycles through some background 4g waking program, kinda like when wifi is looking for new APs to connect to (only scans once in a while...)
If you want to force it, you can open the dialer, hit 1, let the voicemail run for like 2 or 3 seconds, and then end the call. This should "reset" the timer on whatever program checks the 4g and you'll have it back sooner!
If you use **583385##, then yes, you must restart for the new settings to take effect...

I've even tried to kill the radio and turn it back on using LTE On Off, but it only killed the CDMA radio, not the LTE :(

Upvote 0
im new to al this but ive been reading this thread and im going to try out the any cut to turn off my LTE. also i just rooted my phone and down loaded a wifi tether app and thats how im on the my computer

QUESTION: can any give me some cool advice as to what else i can do with this rooted indulge i feal like a kid with a new toy i just hope idont brick my phone lol

im off to any cut :D:D:D:D:D:D:p

I did it and the phone lasted me. all day

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones