• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ How To Upgrade / Update Firmware ] [ Galaxy Ace 2 ]

rikxzdjz

Lurker
Jan 31, 2012
Update Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 to DXLF2 Android 2.3.6 Official Firmware

odin-1.85-600x430.png

How to Install DXLF2 Android 2.3.6 on Galaxy Ace 2 GT-I8160

We have put together a detailed step-by-step Guide on how to update Samsung Galaxy http://www.teamandroid.com/2012/08/...i8160-dxlf2-android-236-official-firmware/2/# Ace 2 GT-I8160 to Android 2.3.6 DXLF2 Gingerbread . If you are used to installing official updates through ODIN on Samsung Galaxy devices, then this should not be any different for you.
NOTE :
Please read every line carefully and make sure you read the entire tutorial once before actually performing it on your phone
Remember:

• This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 GT-I8160. Please don’t try this on any other variants of the phone.
  • This tutorial will wipe out all your data.
  • Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
Rooting Warning: This is an official Android 2.3.6 DXLF2 update for Galaxy Ace 2 GT-I8160, which means you will lose root as soon as you install this update. You will again have to root Galaxy W to gain full system access and be able to install root apps again. We will post a full tutorial on how to root Galaxy Ace 2 GT-I8160 on 2.3.6 soon.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 - Download Android 2.3.6 I8160DXLF2 for Galaxy Ace 2 to your computer and extract the zip file.
Step 2 - Download ODIN v1.85 which will help you to install Android 2.3.6 on Samsung Galaxy Galaxy Ace 2.
Step 3 - Switch off your phone. Now go to Download Mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Down + Home buttons together, and then press the Power button till you see “downloading” on your screen.
Step 4 - Make sure you have your Galaxy Ace 2 USB drivers installed on your computer.
Step 5 - Open ODIN on your computer. Connect your phone to your computer while your phone is in the Download Mode.
Step 6 - If your phone is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step might take some time.
Step 7 - Now select the files that you have to flash/install on your phone. These files are to be found from the extracted files in Step 1.

• Click on ‘PDA’ and select file with ‘CODE’ in its name.
  • Click on ‘Phone’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
  • Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
  • Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Step 8 - In ODIN, check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. As for the Re-Partition option, check it ONLY if you selected a .PIT file in the above step.
Step 9 - Now click on the Start button in ODIN. Installation process will start and would take a few minutes to complete.
Step 10 - After the installation is completed, your phone will restart. After you see the home screen, unplug your phone from the computer.
That’s it. Your Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 has now been updated to Android 2.3.6 build DXLF2 software update. Go to Settings > About phone to verify.

Firmwares :
Download Android 2.3.6 I8160NELG2 United Kingdom [ H3G ]

Download Android 2.3.6 I8160NELG2 Italy [ H3G ]

Download Android 2.3.6 I8160XXLG1 Russia

Download Android 2.3.6 I8160DXLF2 Indonesia

Download Android 2.3.6 I8160DXLF2 Singapore

Download Android 2.3.6 I8160DXLF2 Singapore ( SingTEL )

Download Android 2.3.6 I8160DXLF2 Thailand

Download Android 2.3.6 I8160DXLF2 Malaysia

Download Android 2.3.6 I8160DXLF2 Vietnam

Thats All
smoking-somb.gif
smoking-somb.gif
smoking-somb.gif
heeeelllllooooo.gif
dancing2.gif

Thanks for this guide, however I'm keen to know what is different in this update? Looking at the firmware details on sammobile, it seem this firmware is specific to southeast Asia, will flashing it cause problems for the rest of us?

No Problems at all...
this is not only for updating firmware...
If ur phone gots bootloop or error u may use this step to make it normal again..:D:D:smokingsomb:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones