• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How will you buy the Prime?

I broke the news about this phone to the wife. She didn't flinch. That's a good sign. ;)

If she's like MY wife, she didn't flinch because there's a little shopping angel in her head with a calculator - one that goes to 11 decimal places - and she's adding up HER list.

When wives DON'T flinch... that's the time to be afraid. Be very, very afraid :p

Upvote 0
Still undecided on my new phone, but...

I may go back under contract and save $50 on the upgrade, but I hate 2 year contracts (Had a 1 year with my DX). Or I may buy it used on craigslist. There have been Bionics on CL for a few weeks now. $500 at first, now about $400, so I wouldn't have to wait too long for the Prime. Bought my Eris that way almost 2 years ago. Guy met me at a corporate store and put the Eris on my account while he waited. I won't pay full retail. I've got the cash, but I just can't justify paying that much when I've got options that are a couple of hundred dollars cheaper. Not gonna sell my sperm cause I can't even give that away lately. :p

Upvote 0
Still undecided on my new phone, but...

I may go back under contract and save $50 on the upgrade, but I hate 2 year contracts (Had a 1 year with my DX). Or I may buy it used on craigslist. There have been Bionics on CL for a few weeks now. $500 at first, now about $400, so I wouldn't have to wait too long for the Prime. Bought my Eris that way almost 2 years ago. Guy met me at a corporate store and put the Eris on my account while he waited. I won't pay full retail. I've got the cash, but I just can't justify paying that much when I've got options that are a couple of hundred dollars cheaper. Not gonna sell my sperm cause I can't even give that away lately. :p

I'm sure that the Bionic is dropping like crazy due to the enormous amount of takers who now have buyers remorse. The Prime, hopefully, won't be that type of phone.

Oh, and based on your avatar there, you probably should shave a bit more often and you may have better luck in the donation department. :D

Reactions: Doit2it
Upvote 0
I have the same dilemma. Unfortunately my wife is of the opinion that selling stuff to buy more stuff is not an acceptable practice, if you can't afford to buy it without selling stuff, then guaranteed you have a better use for the money you get from selling something else (obviously, my current phone is an exception, but that will only get me halfway there).

Upvote 0
I'm 3+ months out of contract with my ATT 3gs so I have an upgrade handy. I'm leaning towards the thought process of upgrading to the 4s this Friday (if i can find one at the local store), then sell it for the international prime when it comes out.

Not to sure what the price difference will be but it'll ensure I get to keep my unlimited data plan. I'm wondering how to get my hands on an international model when they come out. How did people get the GS2 5+ months ago when that came out? Buy it off a European site?

Upvote 0
I wouldn't use gazelle. CL will get you much more. Ebay will also and its relatively hassle free. What do you think gazelle does? They turn around and sell em using those same methods.

Yes...but then I have to provide customer service if the transaction goes badly...I think it's worth getting a little less to avoid having to deal with people.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones