• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Htc evo automatically goes to fastboot! Need quick fix asap please!

blackout97

Lurker
Jul 12, 2011
:mad: Ok. so first off it does go into recovery mode and all that so i can do a nandroid backup.. the only problem is that i do not have a backup. (i know i am stupid) but i was going to the app 'rom maneger' to do a backup but first i wanted to see something in the recovery menu (bad idea) long story short.. everytime i boot it automaticlly goes to fastboot. i need a fix for this ASAP please. i do have a micro sd card reader so i am wondering if i can download a rom to the sd. but i have no idea how. I seriously need help. btw i am rooted

Okay, so here's what I'd do.

1. You have no backups, so I guess there's nothing you can do there.
2. I'd probably try to install the Amon Ra recovery. It's a pc36img.zip file (name that exactly )
This file will put amon ra (which is said to be more stable) on your phone as it's recovery. From there you could flash a new rom. I guess it sucks that you'll have no stock 2.2 backup but, whatever.
From that rom, make sure your 4g keys are still there (check the rooting for dummies guide), and that everything else is also working. Then make a new backup.

From there should be good.

I thin the problem would likely be solved by re-flashing, but it wouldn't hurt to put on amon ra recovery.

Hope that helps.
(this might get better results in the rooting section... just a though)

Upvote 0
:mad: Ok. so first off it does go into recovery mode and all that so i can do a nandroid backup.. the only problem is that i do not have a backup. (i know i am stupid) but i was going to the app 'rom maneger' to do a backup but first i wanted to see something in the recovery menu (bad idea) long story short.. everytime i boot it automaticlly goes to fastboot. i need a fix for this ASAP please. i do have a micro sd card reader so i am wondering if i can download a rom to the sd. but i have no idea how. I seriously need help. btw i am rooted

ok so with gingerbread, there is a fastboot option. you need to go to settings/applications and uncheck the fastboot box. on some roms in there is a power option in the phone settings that the fastboot option is found.

it is good that you wanted to go to recovery. just do not use rom manager. it tends to be very buggy.

+1 to amon ra that 9to5 mentioned. a much better recovery then clockwork mod that you have.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones