• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HTC Hero on Three

sabzy

Lurker
Jul 30, 2010
Hi,

I recently rooted my htc hero which was branded to three and today I have had to install the original ROM back on to it from the HTC website (RUU_Hero_H3G_UK_2.73.771.73_release_signed_NoDriver). It's all setup fine but when I boot into recovery I get the "!" symbol with the phone sign and when I choose the options the recovery options come up and one of the options are to run update.zip from sdcard (how i installed the customer ROM). I dont really want this there and how do I install the original recovery. There is also an error which says cannot run E:\cache\command or something.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

sabzy

I think you already have the stock recovery menu; the official firmware.exe would have replaced it for you. That triangle with the exclamation mark is on the stock menu, not the custom recovery menu.

What causes it to give you the 'cannot run E:\cache\command' error? What are you trying to do?

Upvote 0
When I press a combinations of keys (can't remember which) on the stock recovery console, and it comes with options like Reboot (Home+Back) etc, one option is to install update.zip (which is the customer ROM) still on the sd card, but even if I remove the SD card this is still shown and the other option is factory reset which does not work.

The error is displayed when I bring up the menu.

I think you already have the stock recovery menu; the official firmware.exe would have replaced it for you. That triangle with the exclamation mark is on the stock menu, not the custom recovery menu.

What causes it to give you the 'cannot run E:\cache\command' error? What are you trying to do?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones