• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC ONE M9 **FAQ and useful links** -UPDATED 4-11-15

SolApathy

Just another robot
Jun 1, 2010
Ohio
www.billspcrepair.net
HTC M9 FAQ

UPDATED March 31st, 2015

Greetings fellow members! This post will be updated as the forum grows to include links on common issues and FAQ's for the HTC M9. If you have anything you think should be added please feel free post here: Private chat with Staff members. In addition, If you have any of your own FAQ's, tips, tricks, or suggestions please feel free to post them below. We are looking to expand this FAQ and with your help; turn it into one of the most comprehensive guides at Android Forums.

Important information:

Are you thinking of buying an unlocked device, or a device that is branded by another carrier? Make sure it will work by clicking this link for a device/carrier compatibility list!

Useful threads:

Information before purchasing Developer edition of the M9
M9 Tips and tricks thread

HTC M9 Cases & accessory discussion

Useful links:

HTC's M9 support page for useful information setup and tips!

Getting started with your HTC M9

HTC M9 Camera guide

What is Blinkfeed?

Travelling internationally with Sprint

FAQ Section:

HTC M9 Specification sheet

General HTC M9 Forum FAQ:

Here is a thread on general Android Phone FAQ's

Android Forums FAQ

What is rooted/does being rooted mean?
Here is a link to the devices "All Things Root Guide" sticky: COMING SOON once root is available

Want to help support Rooting and ViperROM development? CLICK HERE to donate!

Additional links:

Last edited:
I have the Developer Edition & mine simply lists HTC One M9 under the Settings > About >Phone Identity>Model Number.

Checking all the usual retail outlet web sites shows the same for all models/carriers for North America.

Just a BTW,the "codename" for the Developer Edition is: htc_himaulatt.

Hopefully,someone will post a screeenshot of the AT&T M9 "About" page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Thanks KOLIO. How about at the lower section on the back of the phone. The M7 had its PN stamped there. Could it be there??? I want to buy one while I am in Russia as I dont expect to be back in the West till July and I desperately need a new mobile.

Yes,the data is stamped on the back.
I tried to take a picture of mine & zoom the pic,but,the print dosn't show clear enough,especially w/the GunMetal color.
I would probably be able to read it under a magnifying glass,but,I do not have one at home & won't be returning to work until the weekend.
I'll be out & about tomorrow,I can stop by a jeweler/watch shop & have 'em put it under the glass for a clearer view.

Upvote 0
Much appreciated KOLIO. Typical of HTC to make the writing too small. The M7 was just barely readable but I have good sights so it wasnt a problem.
Awaiting your reply.

My eyesight isn't too bad,& I can usually zoom in & read very small print,do it all the time @ work w/data plates on various equipment.
But,I stopped by the T-Mobile store this past weekend & while there, got an overpriced Zagg body skin & screen protector.
Was supposed to be clear (says so right on the F***ing box),but,the body skin is matte & not only muted the awesome GunMetal finish,it made reading the data w/the naked eye virtually impossible.
The store manager will be in tomorrow, hopefully I can get a refund.
While I'm out,I'll find someone/somewhere to get a better look at the fine print.

Reactions: janfar
Upvote 0
Great. So OPJA110 is the Dev edition. KOLIO, is this a phone for the the AT&T network?

Yeppers:
Direct quote from HTC:
http://www.htc.com/us/go/htc-one-unlocked-developer/

What US networks does the HTC One M9 unlocked / developer edition work on?

The hardware for the HTC One M9 Unlocked and Developer will work fully on the following US LTE Networks.

• Alaska Communications
  • AT&T
  • Cricket
  • MetroPCS
  • NET 10
  • Straight Talk
  • T-Mobile
  • WalMart Family Mobile

Upvote 0
Thats the information I need. Hopefully I can get my hands on a OPJA110 in Moscow. I dont think they would chnage the PN between a Dev edition and a standard AT&T edition. At least I hope not.

Just looked-up the M9 on AMAZON:
The AT&T model may be available to ship outside of the U.S.
The Dev/Unlocked models,they'll ship to US addresses only.
Of course,that's not to say you can'tget either one shipped to you,thisis just what Ifound on AMAZON direct,where thepricing is in-line w/HTC & AT&T pricing.
Other 3rd party sellers will no doubt get it to you,but,you'll pay a premium.
If you're looking for some sort of cornfirmation,sooner rather than later,as to if the AT&T & the DEV/Unlocked models are esentially the same phone (less SIM Lock/BOOTLOADER Status/AT&T Bloat),ya might wanna check over @ XDA Developers:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/att-one-m9
http://forum.xda-developers.com/one-m9

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I checked amazon. None of the vendors I found there were willing to ship to Russia. When I have more time I will do some more shopping.

I tried on xda... no response...

Check out www.swappa.com

Most sales are for used devices,but,some sell new.
General consensus is this is a relatively safe site to buy & sell,especially if you use PayPal for all transactions.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones