• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Wildfire Earpiece issue after update

Hi Guys

I have a HTC Wildfire which is now out of warranty, and I downloaded the lastest android update v2.3.5, and now the earpiece speaker no longer functions. So far I have tried, adjusting the volume whilst on a call, muted and unmuted the call, outputting to the loudspeaker works, and I also tried plugging and unplugging a headset.

Following that I have switched the phone, off and on, removed the battery and performed a factory reset. All of which have failed to restore the earpiece speaker.

Can anyone help, as to me this points to a software issue as it was working before the update. Can I roll back to the previous version and if so how?

Here are some more details about the phone:

HTC Sense version: 2.1
Software Number: 2.26.161.1
Kernel version: 2.6.35.10-g696f19b htc-kernel@and18-2 #1
Baseband version: 47.23e.35.3038H_7.57.39.10M

Please help, I am a complete noobie to this.

Thanks

Upvote 0
I did find that earpiece replacement video on youtube, and it does look fairly straightforward with the correct tools. I've got nothing to lose as far as bricking it is concerned as it is my second phone. But I wanted to pass it onto a family member, hence the reason why I am so keen to fix it.

Thanks for all you help and advice so far, its been great.

Dom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones