• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I can't delete my draft texts

Julie95

Lurker
Jan 31, 2011
Hello,

I recently had a new Android phone and restored my old texts with MyBackup pro.

Since then, I can't delete my draft messages (or a conversation...).
Every time I try to delete a conversation, the messages inside the conversation are deleted but the empty conversation remains in my text list. It's the same each time I click on "new text" by mistake, it adds an empty conversation in my text list and I can't delete it.

Do you have an idea of what I could try ?
I alredy try to do a settings reset (not deleting data) but it doesn't solve the problem.

Thanks

No, the texts are really empty. If I just press "New message" and then press back, the text is still there. If I click on a conversation and select "Delete conversation", all the texts are deleted inside the conversation, but I can still see the empty conversation in my text list... It's like the texts are deleted but I can't delete a conversation.
(And I'm sorry if the labels are not correct, but I use my phone in French, so I try to translate my best)

Upvote 0
If I long press the conversation, I can press Delete, and the only thing that happens is that all texts in the conversation are deleted but the conversation remains in the list. I always have the option to delete the conversation when I long press on it, but it will never completly delete the conversation.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones