1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I didn't install app that appeared

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Android Question

A lazy swipe has appeared on my galaxy s5 I never Installed any kind of lazy or omni swipe and I can't figure out how to get rid of it. I don't want it. Where did it come from?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

Have you recently installed any apps from a third party site? Many .apks not downloaded from Play or Amazon have malware that spies on you and can install more malware. Review your apps and see what permissions they have.

3. androidmachine

androidmachine Android Enthusiast

You didn't change your launcher recently, did you? I tried a launcher that came with a lazy swipe, but I forgot which one. I uninstalled it.

KOLIO likes this.
  4. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

I recently changed to Apex Launcher Pro from my previous launcher for a similar reason:
    Although I had the Pro version of the launcher installed,it put a shortcut to a crap app available in the Play Store.
    After ZERO responses from several e-mails to the developer,I s***-canned the launcher,switched to Apex & never once looked back.

Summary:
    Even if all of your apps are from the Google Play Store,check the permissions the app is granted before installing.
    If you see seemingly unnecessary permissions,run,don't walk,& look for another app for your needs.

5. Rob

Rob Galaxy S20 Ultra
    Administrator

Also, don't discount the possibility that you downloaded an app and the developer changed the name/icon in play store update that was downloaded automatically. Sounds unlikely given the replies, but still a possibility.

Hadron, androidmachine and KOLIO like this.