• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I had road rage!! could not help it.

most cases.. i am pretty chill... and let it slide.. say whatever..

but... that day..
he was clearly wrong...
then to disrespect me (brake-check)..
that had me soo angry...

but to see his face in the mirror laughing at me...
it was rage.. clear and simple.. road RAGE.

i lost it. yeah stupid.. i was.
but i am also human!

Upvote 0
I'll usually let a tailgater go by. The ones that totally piss me off are the ones who try to get in front of everyone else when roadwork blocks traffic. They rush right up to the road closed sign and expect to be let in immediately. I won't let them in. There's 10 or so cars behind me patiently waiting, so they can just wait, too.

Upvote 0
Dan the man I take my hats off to you.... because I am the kind of crazy insane mother ****** that people say I am scary when i drive a car..... I am the kind of mother ****** that keeps my lovely baby under the seat... for those... "unhappy" times...

I shoot first and if you are lucky to still be alive I then I might ask questions later...

In Kalashnikov we trust...

ak47na8.jpg

Yes..... you can get these babies for super cheap in Mozambique... like a couple hundred rands!

OH JA BRUIZER

27846d1355466152-funny-pictures-ak47.jpg

Upvote 0
Dan the man I take my hats off to you.... because I am the kind of crazy insane mother ****** that people say I am scary when i drive a car..... I am the kind of mother ****** that keeps my lovely baby under the seat... for those... "unhappy" times...

I shoot first and if you are lucky to still be alive I then I might ask questions later...

In Kalashnikov we trust...
27846d1355466152-funny-pictures-ak47.jpg

Sure that "Kalashnikov"AK-47 is not actually a Type 56?

In China we trust.

Reactions: Member243850
Upvote 0
stinky .. you live in a tuff area.
i can see why you need a gun.

i dont own a gun..and on the most part very laid back.
most of the time...

God I admire you and your way of life! :(

So much more peaceful... :(

Sigh... you are lucky you are the kind of calm guy that just lets it off... stress is so high around here... everyone is tough - you have to be to survive sadly.

I think this is why just soooo many South Africans run away for a much less stressful life... my uncle can't believe how nice San Deeaygo (is this how you spell it??) is... he has never seen such a crime free environment... he still can't get over how just like evrybody runs around with unlocked car doors and just have stuff lying on their front lawn.

No barbed wire everywhere... no spikes... no electric fences.. he says it is very peaceful and he will never come back.

He says they love South Africans because they know the people fleeing the country are extremely hard working and will work for less.

Anyway I sometimes go off on a tangent!

Back to the original topic I will have to say you are very good for staying so calm like this.

The last time my brother almost got hijacked they slammed the crappy Uno (Fiat) car in front of him, luckily my brother is also a crazy ass driver and slammed it into reverse!

Got outta their ******* asap!

People get the wrong idea and think people down here are very "hard core" but the turth is we are not... we are actually extremely caring people but the insane amount of crime and violence causes many to get defensive and only care and look out for yourself.

African Taxi's are by FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR the worst drivers on the continent.

They are DANGEROUS.... DANGEROUS DANGEROUS DANGEROUS...

Like ALL OF THEM are illegal drivers that don't even have a drivers license and NONE of their cars are safe AT ALL they are ******* dangerous and you must stay FAAAAAAAR away from them...

Many of them also have guns in their cars and they will just shoot you if you are not careful even if you are very polite they are ******* crazy.

They over crowd their cars with like 20 (OR MORE) passengers which is just totally insane and downright dangerous!!!

They have caused many many deaths on our roads due to gang wars between them and turf wars.

Wow it is even on Wikipedia!

Look at that!

Taxi wars in South Africa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't get involved when you seem them going ape shit!

GOD...everybody hates them.... bastards...

Upvote 0
I'll usually let a tailgater go by. The ones that totally piss me off are the ones who try to get in front of everyone else when roadwork blocks traffic. They rush right up to the road closed sign and expect to be let in immediately. I won't let them in. There's 10 or so cars behind me patiently waiting, so they can just wait, too.

So true, and I do it ALL the time ("blocking", not cutting), and not just in construction zones. I even got a cop to have a discussion with a chick because of a similar situation. On a 2-lane section of a road, coming up to a light where the right lane is a turn lane (and turn only), she's door-to-door with me with her in the right lane. She guns it and cuts right in front of me when there was NOBODY behind me. Just past the intersection I see a couple cops on the side of the road with lights going so I go a little overboard with the honking and light flashing, intentionally. They pull us both off the side, I explain what happened, they said they couldn't issue a ticket but they could have a chat with her.

In the construction zone situation, I had this a few weeks ago. Sitting at a light with 2 left turn lanes, I'm in the right lane, cement truck in the left. Light goes green, start making the turn, cement truck makes the turn INTO THE RIGHT LANE while I'm in it! I lay on the horn. We got to the next light (after the construction), he's staring me down as we're next to each other. I roll down the window, he asks why I honked, I explained. He asked if I was aware there was a construction zone and a closed lane. Sure I was, but his turn was ILLEGAL as the lane wasn't closed for another 1/4 mile.

Upvote 0
I deal with the opposite problem all the time, you come up behind someone and flash your lights to pass and they start slowing down, brake checking and being a complete jerk. In Texas the left lane is for passing only, a law that apparently nobody was taught in drivers ed. The result is the same though, not worth the potential risks involved in a confrontation.

A road rage incident on the part of another driver which was totally unnecessary, he must have been having the worst day of his life, happened to me in Austin. I had my wife and grandchildren with me and I was in fear for their safety so much I almost pinned the guy with the door of his truck and sped through a red light to escape. If he would have been angled a even a few inches more I would have had to smash the side of his truck to get away.

Upvote 0
In the construction zone situation, I had this a few weeks ago. Sitting at a light with 2 left turn lanes, I'm in the right lane, cement truck in the left. Light goes green, start making the turn, cement truck makes the turn INTO THE RIGHT LANE while I'm in it! I lay on the horn. We got to the next light (after the construction), he's staring me down as we're next to each other. I roll down the window, he asks why I honked, I explained. He asked if I was aware there was a construction zone and a closed lane. Sure I was, but his turn was ILLEGAL as the lane wasn't closed for another 1/4 mile.

You're in the wrong here. Poor guy is just trying not to end up in a closed lane. I'm sure that 1/4 of a mile made all the difference in your drive. Had he used the lane you were in people would have been flying past him hitting the horn because he's a stupid truck driver trying to get out of a closed lane.

Know why truck drivers are such jerks? Because people in cars made them that way. Trust me I know I drove a crude oil truck while going through school. After a couple years of having people whip around me then hit the brakes, crossing into the intersection, and other idiotic things I just started being aggressive in my driving too. Made my day a lot easier. I need to get over and you're chatting away on your phone in the left lane? You're right I will weave into your lane with my turn signal on just to get your attention. Cross the white line at an intersection making me swing into oncoming traffic to make a left because you were too stupid to stop in time? I will make you think my trailer is coming over the hood of your car. I'm bigger than you. If you think your 5,000lb car can take a hit from my 120,000lb truck go for it. But if you know anything about physics I will walk away and you'll be in ICU.

Upvote 0
You're in the wrong here. Poor guy is just trying not to end up in a closed lane. I'm sure that 1/4 of a mile made all the difference in your drive. Had he used the lane you were in people would have been flying past him hitting the horn because he's a stupid truck driver trying to get out of a closed lane.

Know why truck drivers are such jerks? Because people in cars made them that way. Trust me I know I drove a crude oil truck while going through school. After a couple years of having people whip around me then hit the brakes, crossing into the intersection, and other idiotic things I just started being aggressive in my driving too. Made my day a lot easier. I need to get over and you're chatting away on your phone in the left lane? You're right I will weave into your lane with my turn signal on just to get your attention. Cross the white line at an intersection making me swing into oncoming traffic to make a left because you were too stupid to stop in time? I will make you think my trailer is coming over the hood of your car. I'm bigger than you. If you think your 5,000lb car can take a hit from my 120,000lb truck go for it. But if you know anything about physics I will walk away and you'll be in ICU.

Lane closure up the road or not, when there are two turn lanes you MAINTAIN YOUR LANE DURING THE TURN. What if I wasn't in such a position that hitting my brakes would have gotten me behind him (I was even or just in front of the tandems)? What if I was directly next to the cab and he STILL tried to take my lane? I would have been CRUNCHED. When you don't need to turn wide because of the length of the truck, try starting in the left lane in that situation and taking the right during the turn with a cop where I was, bet you get a ticket for an unsafe turn or lane change.

Upvote 0
Road rage is never the correct way to handle a situation...though I can't preach as I've been guilty from time to time. Here's a story of what happened to me a couple of years ago. I was driving on a congested 4 lane road in a light rain just 1 1/2 blocks from home in our old Taurus (that my wife recently killed in a puddle). I was in the left hand lane about to make a turn onto my block. I saw a large Dodge pickup driving aggressively at too high a speed for the conditions in my rear view. He pulled past me on the right, cut in front of me, slammed on the brakes, put the truck in reverse and baked up to close any gap between us (I could not maneuver without backing up myself). I saw him gesticulating in the drivers seat. I dialed 911 and took his picture. He got out of the truck and approached my vehicle. He was pissed, but over what I didn't have a clue. I refused to open my door or roll down the window, instead I talked to the police dispatcher while shooting video of him. Because there was traffic backed up behind me, I couldn't get away. He eventually gave up/calmed down and got back in his truck just in time for the police to show up and block him in. After the cop reviewed my video, he was arrested for aggressive driving (a hot button topic at the time). Though I was contacted by the DA, he never went to trial. I was told he plead out to 90 days suspended sentence and loss of license for 5 years. I'm not one to back down from conflict and don't know why I was so calm that evening, but I'm very glad I was. It could easily have ended up with both of us arrested for fighting too....or worse!!

Oh, and he claimed to the cops that I cut him off a mile or so back. The only problem? I was only on that road for 4 blocks. Someone may well have cut him off in a blue car, but it wasn't me.

Reactions: MoodyBlues
Upvote 0
yesterday.. another driver pissed me off soo much..

driving through an intersection to go over the overpass...
a guy in an F150 quickly cuts right in front of me.. and there where only a few cars behind me, so it was not like he would miss the green light!
i honk at him.. to let him know it was too close (4 ft).
he break-checks me.. I see him laughing at me in his side mirror!!!!!

now.. people cut in all the time.. but they know they did wrong.
they normally just wave a sorry.. or just ignore me.
but to cut, then break-check, then laugh!!!!!!
oh i was pissed.. so.. i lost it.

yeah.. i acted like a child and had road rage!

i gassed the car.. and ran around him..
cut in.. and break checked him!
he started yelling at me.. and only pissed me more!!!

on the other side of the overpass. was a 2 lanes to turn left.. onto the service road. to enter the on-ramp to highway.
i was in far left with 1 car in front of me.. he was to my right, one car up.

as we turned left... i hugged the front car..
he was trying to force his way left.. so he an get on the on-ramp.
he had to get behind me... we entered the on-ramp.. one lane and both sides have a side barrier.
I came to a stop.. put it in park.
he had to stop behind me.. and was blocked but other cars from the rear.

i walked up to his window.. (windows rolled up)
yelled at him.. what was soo funny about break-checking a stranger??

he would not look at me.. and kept looking behind and to the right.. see if he can get around or away...
come out here.. and tell me what was so funny!!!

he looked like a scared puppy.. who had just got caught peeing on the carpet!
no place to run...

i was only there for about 1 min.. maybe 2.. hard to tell when your all hyped up. walked back to the car..and dove off.
Yes.. I know I was wrong to confront a stranger like that.. it could have been bad for me.

but.. I am 100% sure this idiot has done this to others.. and think he is a road bully. pushing others.. push women...
I hope this will scare him.. to be more polite to other drivers.
because others might be more aggresive than i was! and one day, he might just get what he deserves!
Almost exact same story for me. Punk was scared and drove off as I came up to his window. And you are right, if he did it to you he certainly has done it to others without consequences, sooner or later they will run into the wrong person.

Upvote 0
Pastafarian, that story reminds me of a similar one, way before cell phones and being able to video from a car.

On a freeway in Dallas, Texas.. just driving along and all of a sudden the big pickup in front of me, a good 6 or 7 car lengths up, hit his brakes. I had to screech to a stop to avoid ramming into his back end.

He then started driving at about 10 miles per hour, light traffic, about 1am or so. Giving me the finger, turning and looking back at me yelling and frothing.

It was freaking hilarious. I just kept behind him as I did not want him behind me. So there we were going 10 mph down a freeway in the left lane. Finally he veers way right and takes an off ramp at high speed, waving and yelling, "Come on! Come on, punk!"

To this day I laugh about that. He was bat-poop-wiggy-butt nuts.

I wonder where he is now.

Reactions: pastafarian
Upvote 0
Pastafarian, that story reminds me of a similar one, way before cell phones and being able to video from a car.

On a freeway in Dallas, Texas.. just driving along and all of a sudden the big pickup in front of me, a good 6 or 7 car lengths up, hit his brakes. I had to screech to a stop to avoid ramming into his back end.

He then started driving at about 10 miles per hour, light traffic, about 1am or so. Giving me the finger, turning and looking back at me yelling and frothing.

It was freaking hilarious. I just kept behind him as I did not want him behind me. So there we were going 10 mph down a freeway in the left lane. Finally he veers way right and takes an off ramp at high speed, waving and yelling, "Come on! Come on, punk!"

To this day I laugh about that. He was bat-poop-wiggy-butt nuts.

I wonder where he is now.

yeah.. that has also happen to me too..
some nut case out of nowhere starts pushing for a confrontation.
i have not changed lanes.. or made any moves for at lest 15 mins..
just driving straight in left lane.. see car coming .. so i move over to let him pass. once they do.. they act like we are mortal enemies!!

if i have had a really bad day.. i follow them .. like they requested.
they normally take off very very fast..
ok.. whatever

Upvote 0
I wish I was as calm as many of you guys here...

No jokes.

I hate the way crack heads drive in this country.. especially the psycho taxi's... they are 500% insane...

I actually take my hat off you guys... I wish I could have some self control like that.

I need to seriously work on that.

This country is dangerous enough when driving on the roads so I should really try some kind of relaxation technique of 1 kind or another. :)

I don't like it when people think I or South Africans are "bad ass"... we are actually very loving people. :)

Just very misunderstood at the end of the dfay! :)

Just misunderstood. ;)

Upvote 0
Lane closure up the road or not, when there are two turn lanes you MAINTAIN YOUR LANE DURING THE TURN. What if I wasn't in such a position that hitting my brakes would have gotten me behind him (I was even or just in front of the tandems)? What if I was directly next to the cab and he STILL tried to take my lane? I would have been CRUNCHED. When you don't need to turn wide because of the length of the truck, try starting in the left lane in that situation and taking the right during the turn with a cop where I was, bet you get a ticket for an unsafe turn or lane change.

Well then aren't we glad you're a safe clueless driver. I look forward to your next tale of idiocracy involving a large vehicle. Please don't ever buy an RV or large SUV.

Upvote 0
Hmmm road rage. I drive about 400 miles a day for work. Nothing is more fun than watching a guy pass me on the shoulder with his family in the car. Hit the horn and flip him off. Then he followed me to my next well site. Pulled off the road into the well site. Jumped out and started screaming at me. I calmly told him that he was trespassing and needed to leave. He punched me in the jaw. I told him I really didn't want to hurt him in front of his family. He didn't listen and I put him on the ground. Dragged him to the well head and zip tied his hands to it. I told him I was placing him under a citizens arrest for trespassing. By then his wife had already called the sheriff and had jumped out to tell me that I should let him go. That's when I told her he was under a citizens arrest and we'll finish everything when the deputy shows up.

Long story short. Deputy shows up, honors my arrest, then also charges him for assault.

This is 100% bad-ass. Like a scene from a Clint Eastwood movie. :congrats:

I'm not saying that I think everyone should take the law into their own hands... only capable people with superman-like powers of awesomeness! ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones