• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I have a problem with the power button

reble

Android Enthusiast
Sep 1, 2012
Kennewick Wa
On this ZTE Warp 4G if I am on a call and the phone is not on the charger ( the phone is set to stay awake all the time when on the charger or the USB cable to the laptop is plugged in). Anyways when I am sitting on hold on a call and the screen goes black (like its supposed to do when on the battery). When I tap the power button to wake the screen up so I can enter lets say an extension number. The screen does come up but the call also drops like I had hit the red bar to end the call. This just started. Now this phone has been doing a lot of weird things over the past 2 months. And I am 3 years over due on my phone plain for a new phone upgrade anyways. And that's going to get done when I get my May SSDI direct deposit. I am a firm believer in "if it isn't broke don't fix it/replace it". I go for the last mile possible out of the things that I own. Ie a car, electronic devices and so on. Is there a setting in the setup to change what the power button does or is it just an other bad quirk of a phone on it's last leg?

Steve

There actually IS a setting that hangs up your call when you hit the pwr button, you must've hit it by accident recently. Look in settings - accessibility..
f46bd1899a149e35cd2b1138da517b92.jpg

Reactions: reble
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones