• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I need help with my wi-fi settings

tripod509

Lurker
Sep 21, 2011
I just got an HTC Merge and I am on a 2gb data plan. I have wi fi at my house and I always have my mobile network turned off. I set my wi-fi sleep policy to never. I just want to know if when I'm at my house if it will always use the wifi instead of the data and if the data will only be used when I turn it on.

Hello,

I'm looking for some help on a friend's phone. He owns the HTC Merge. We are trying to turn the mobile network/3G/data function OFF for his phone. I had downloaded an app for my phone that did the job great, but on his phone the app doesn't appear to be doing this. Is there an option somewhere in the 'Settings' for the HTC Merge that will allow you to turn off the mobile network data? If anyone knows if this is in the Power Control widget, too, that would be helpful. Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones