• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I think I've finally had enough....

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizeGuyDezignz

Android Expert
Apr 18, 2010
San Diego
I think I've finally had enough of my TB. I'm just tired of it and I don't know if any update or anything can take the sour taste out of my mouth.

I went from my Incredible with horrible battery life, to the TB with horrible battery life. And I will NOT put an extended battery on this thing just for it to last a full day. It makes the phone look horrible and it shouldn't be necessary.

I'm not even too worried about the reboots anymore, it just seems like this phone isn't ready for what it was intended to do. It seems like it was forced out. Too many problems and I'm tired of it.

I don't want to have to charge my phone 3 times per day just to make it through. And trust me, I've done everything to save battery. Turned off always on mobile data, turned off all background syncing, killed the Blockbuster updates, killed the "battery sucking" processes and even put it on 3G when I don't need 4G.

I just don't think I should have to cripple my phone that much just to get through an 8 hour work day. It's ridiculous.

Sorry for my rant, but I sent an email to Verizon last night to see if they will allow me to switch phones. Even though Samsung has a poor track record, I might get the Charge, root it and run the Altered Beast rom. Seems like a better option than the TB at this point.

Is anyone else just tired of battling with this phone just to use it as intended? Or am I having a bad day?

I think I've finally had enough of my TB. I'm just tired of it and I don't know if any update or anything can take the sour taste out of my mouth.

I went from my Incredible with horrible battery life, to the TB with horrible battery life. And I will NOT put an extended battery on this thing just for it to last a full day. It makes the phone look horrible and it shouldn't be necessary.

I'm not even too worried about the reboots anymore, it just seems like this phone isn't ready for what it was intended to do. It seems like it was forced out. Too many problems and I'm tired of it.

I don't want to have to charge my phone 3 times per day just to make it through. And trust me, I've done everything to save battery. Turned off always on mobile data, turned off all background syncing, killed the Blockbuster updates, killed the "battery sucking" processes and even put it on 3G when I don't need 4G.

I just don't think I should have to cripple my phone that much just to get through an 8 hour work day. It's ridiculous.

Sorry for my rant, but I sent an email to Verizon last night to see if they will allow me to switch phones. Even though Samsung has a poor track record, I might get the Charge, root it and run the Altered Beast rom. Seems like a better option than the TB at this point.

Is anyone else just tired of battling with this phone just to use it as intended? Or am I having a bad day?

I'm seriously considering going with the iPhone 4. Battery life is my number one complaint, couple that with the bugs android has as it is, which aren't solved completely with custom roms and kernels. I do miss my 3G iPhone even though AT&T sucked something awful. Ya know what, screw it, now that I've seen this thread, I'm done as well. Call me a sheep, call me a fanboy, but I'm done playing with my phone. I just want something that works and works well and reliably. Iphone here I come.

Upvote 0
The Tbolt with the official extended battery has better battery life than any other smartphone even with their official extended batteries. If you care more about how good the phone looks than how well it works, why are you complaining about battery life at all? If you don't, then get the extended battery.

It's not all about looks...I don't feel like carrying a brick around in my pocket or holding it up to my face. It's completely not necessary when other phones can get through a day with the stock battery.

Upvote 0
What is your definition of getting through a day? Just yesterday my Tbolt with the stock battery was unplugged for 12-13 hours. I had one solid hour of web browsing on it and 4 hours of mp3 playback. The rest of the time was mostly idle. When I got home from work I had 50% battery remaining. Is that not all day?

Upvote 0
I will be getting my bolt today but from what I have read this is the trend that I seem to notice. No disrespect to the OP I'm not pointing a finger towards you at all so dont this that way ok.

PPL expect the bolt to last all day with 4g on, I am sorry but 4G is new and battery tech isnt, 4G is power hungry why shouldn't it be. You are getting faster download speeds then most ppl get at home from a pc. I think 4g came at a bad time honestly, if battery tech was better then 4G would of been a instant win.

It is new tech, look at how stuff happens when it comes out. First gen there is normally alot of issues that needed to get ironed out that didn't get done before release date. The MFG always push the new sh!t down our throat and us as stupid consumers buy into the hype and then get mad when it doesn't work the way we expect it to.

I am getting my bolt today, it's on the fed ex truck as I type this waiting patiently for the door bell to ring. I did alot of research, I didn't buy it on release day for a reason. I know it has it's problems, but it has alot of positives aswell.

Upvote 0
What is your definition of getting through a day? Just yesterday my Tbolt with the stock battery was unplugged for 12-13 hours. I had one solid hour of web browsing on it and 4 hours of mp3 playback. The rest of the time was mostly idle. When I got home from work I had 50% battery remaining. Is that not all day?

No direct disrespect to you, but I've never understood posts like this. I have been battling with HTC battery life since my Incredible. I've done everything under the sun and it still barely makes it through an 8 hour work day. And I'm not doing anything heavy on it other than texting here and there and maybe checking the Market once or twice. And this is my second TB too, so I don't think it can be chalked up to being a lemon.

I just can't even fathom getting 12-13 hours and still be at 50%. It's not my reality and never has been. And like I've said in earlier posts, that is with 3G running and all background syncing off, etc. I still can't get that type of life out of it.

Maybe I have had two straight lemons, but I doubt it. It's just so frustrating. :(

Upvote 0
No direct disrespect to you, but I've never understood posts like this. I have been battling with HTC battery life since my Incredible. I've done everything under the sun and it still barely makes it through an 8 hour work day. And I'm not doing anything heavy on it other than texting here and there and maybe checking the Market once or twice. And this is my second TB too, so I don't think it can be chalked up to being a lemon.

I just can't even fathom getting 12-13 hours and still be at 50%. It's not my reality and never has been. And like I've said in earlier posts, that is with 3G running and all background syncing off, etc. I still can't get that type of life out of it.

Maybe I have had two straight lemons, but I doubt it. It's just so frustrating. :(

I never have 4g on because its not available in my area. The official extended makes the phone even bigger than it already is, and doesn't fit in the pocket comfortably. I could care less about status, or looks, I just want something that works and is comfortable in a pocket, I HATE belt clips!

I bought my iphone, can't wait!

Upvote 0

i might not get 12 hours and still have 50% but i can get 15 hours or so out of mine. Its not near as good as my incredible but it works well enough for me. I have a charger in the car and at work so its never a work for me

Upvote 0

I hate to rub salt in to the wound but I can well could with my first bolt do over 32 hrs on a single charge. Still have about 20% left. My new bolt I don't know as haven't tried it. So it's possible to get good life but there are to many factors that comes in to the play to pinpoint the problem.

Upvote 0
No one can compare battery life with someone else because usage, 4g availability, talktime, texts, etc. are different. I am in a 4G area about 50% of the day, send/receive about 50 texts a day, spend 30 minutes online, 100 emails, 50 minute talk time. I bought a 2700mAh extended battery, and still have to keep it in a desk charger to get 16 hours of use.
I couldnt care less about looks with the battery. My concerns are 4 random reboots a day, and the past few days no 3G data connection.

I am a 4 year iphone user that converted for the bigger screen and 4G, but will seriously going for an iphone5 now

Reactions: SeekerOfTheWay
Upvote 0
No one can compare battery life with someone else because usage, 4g availability, talktime, texts, etc. are different. I am in a 4G area about 50% of the day, send/receive about 50 texts a day, spend 30 minutes online, 100 emails, 50 minute talk time. I bought a 2700mAh extended battery, and still have to keep it in a desk charger to get 16 hours of use.
I couldnt care less about looks with the battery. My concerns are 4 random reboots a day, and the past few days no 3G data connection.

I am a 4 year iphone user that converted for the bigger screen and 4G, but will seriously going for an iphone5 now

I agree with this statement. My question to WizeGuyDezignz is, what kind of signal are you getting? In my case that is what effects my battery the most. You can go to menu > settings > about phone > Network and look at the signal strength. If you are in the mid to high 90's or above it will drain your battery no matter what phone you use.

Upvote 0
I agree with this statement. My question to WizeGuyDezignz is, what kind of signal are you getting? In my case that is what effects my battery the most. You can go to menu > settings > about phone > Network and look at the signal strength. If you are in the mid to high 90's or above it will drain your battery no matter what phone you use.

Well, that explains my battery drain. However, I love this phone, and I don't mind putting it on the charger at work, or in the car. Not rooted, and run the stock battery.

Upvote 0
well i think ive had it also... i dont understand rooting this phone at all or id give that a shot... time to call the rep from GA that called me directly tell her im still not picking up data at 3g.. and of course the reboots on a brand new out of box tbolt i got late yesterday and activated this morning.. already have had 3 reboots in 2 hours of up time. think its time for a charge and run altered beast

Upvote 0

i agree!

Upvote 0
Maybe it has something to do with reception! Ever thought of that?!? At my new job, my phone sometimes barely makes it through the day (its been anywhere from 5%-50% when I get off work). In my building I get no reception, or sometimes 1 bar. But when I go outside, I'm fine. So maybe it's not the battery.

Upvote 0
A friend of mine went to a part of Washington state where the signal quality was exceptionally poor and his iphone died within hours which makes me think signal quality has a lot to do with how long your battery can last throughout the day. If I get poor signal in a building, I just shut mobile data off and I'm fine. I don't consider that crippling my phone by any means because it just takes a swipe and a press to get my data back on instantly.

Upvote 0
I'm with you.. I've had so many random problems with this phone, and the battery life is not consistent. I'm thinking of trading it out for a different phone as well.

Now my issues are the proximity sensor, phone sometimes wont charge, reboots all the time, turns off, battery life is very inconsistent, data connection/4G is unstable. Lot's of random bugs, my Droid X was much more reliable (but not as cool).

Upvote 0
A friend of mine went to a part of Washington state where the signal quality was exceptionally poor and his iphone died within hours which makes me think signal quality has a lot to do with how long your battery can last throughout the day. If I get poor signal in a building, I just shut mobile data off and I'm fine. I don't consider that crippling my phone by any means because it just takes a swipe and a press to get my data back on instantly.

This is absolutely true. It may or may not be the problem that some are having but when I go into my kids school, I lose all reception (cannot even make a phone call...and forget data, there is nothing).

I've lost 30-40 percent battery life in an hour span before with the phone just being in my pocket. I try and remember just to turn off my phone when I go in there cause it's all useless unless I need to take pictures of my kids in a play or something. I'll kill my data connection but I still lose a lot of battery just from the cellular radio trying to connect.

Bad signal strength is a killer.

Reactions: SeekerOfTheWay
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones