• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ICS/CM9-JB/CM10 Development Thread

Screenshot_2012-07-17-21-18-06.png

Screenshot_2012-07-17-21-20-06.png

Upvote 0
I'm finally back on the Marquee, at least part time. Sorry for the delay, got involved in a kernel update for my VM670 that is turning out to be a real PITA.

Anyway, so I got a recovery built based on CM7 that does indeed have ADB enabled, but lots of other things are broken. It won't mount /cache at boot and it won't clear the boot-to-recovery flag when you reboot. Sigh.

I'll be attempting to fire up CM9 today and get basic ADB going in the main ROM. If I'm successful, that will open the window for development to proceed.

Upvote 0
I'm finally back on the Marquee, at least part time. Sorry for the delay, got involved in a kernel update for my VM670 that is turning out to be a real PITA.

Anyway, so I got a recovery built based on CM7 that does indeed have ADB enabled, but lots of other things are broken. It won't mount /cache at boot and it won't clear the boot-to-recovery flag when you reboot. Sigh.

I'll be attempting to fire up CM9 today and get basic ADB going in the main ROM. If I'm successful, that will open the window for development to proceed.

Looking good. You and blood are amazing devs. Btw just put cm10 on my kindle fire and wow just wow, can't wait to see it on the marquee, because if you guys can get ics to work than 4.1 will work. Keep up the great work guys!

Upvote 0
Finally got some progress. I ripped out all the adb stuff in init.rc except the service line and made it default enable. Now I have adb in my ICS rom. Yay! :)

Here's the first two things to fix:

1. Display is hozed:

E/FramebufferNativeWindow( 1597): couldn't open framebuffer HAL (No such device)
E/SurfaceFlinger( 1597): Display subsystem failed to initialize. check logs. exiting...

2. Camera is hozed:

E/HAL ( 1393): load: module=/system/lib/hw/camera.sniper.so
E/HAL ( 1393): Cannot load library: link_image[1965]: 1393 could not load needed library 'libcamera.so' for 'camera.sniper.so' (link_image[1965]: 1393 could not load needed library 'libbridge.so' for 'libcamera.so' (load_library[1120]: Library 'libbridge.so' not found))
E/CameraService( 1393): Could not load camera HAL module

I have a feeling that if I can get those fixed, the main system might come up.

Upvote 0
Finally got some progress. I ripped out all the adb stuff in init.rc except the service line and made it default enable. Now I have adb in my ICS rom. Yay! :)

1. Display is hozed:

E/FramebufferNativeWindow( 1597): couldn't open framebuffer HAL (No such device)
E/SurfaceFlinger( 1597): Display subsystem failed to initialize. check logs. exiting...

2. Camera is hozed:

E/HAL ( 1393): Cannot load library: link_image[1965]: 1393 could not load needed library 'libcamera.so' for 'camera.sniper.so' (link_image[1965]: 1393 could not load needed library 'libbridge.so' for 'libcamera.so' (load_library[1120]: Library 'libbridge.so' not found))

You put ics on the lowly optimus v, so I don't think you will have much difficulty. Very lucky that we have good devs, some phones just get no support but we are very fortunate

Upvote 0

1. Display is hozed:

2. Camera is hozed:

Building from source or port?

Upvote 0
2. Camera is hozed:

Well that looks like an easy one. I don't have a libbridge.so in my ROM but stock has one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones