• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][ALPHA] Quattrimus ICS (CM9, AOKP40)

Don't know if this was covered, but Google location doesn't work either... Well, related to mobile data, anyway. Wifi location works perfectly.

That's probably caused by the same issue as mms and gps not working. I'm sure a logcat would help find the issues as to why data-based location isn't working. I'm not sure exactly which command you would use for it though. It may be 'adb logcat -b radio > radio.log' You would have to confirm that with one of the devs though.

Upvote 0
That's probably caused by the same issue as mms and gps not working. I'm sure a logcat would help find the issues as to why data-based location isn't working. I'm not sure exactly which command you would use for it though. It may be 'adb logcat -b radio > radio.log' You would have to confirm that with one of the devs though.
GPS on CM9 doesn't work because the files needed are not all there. Once you start placing the files in, you start getting errors left and right. Wifi location works because at one point you (or someone else) successfully told google where that Wifi AP was in relation to the world and now it knows where you are.

Wi-Fi positioning system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Reactions: tdm and ortrigger
Upvote 0
Anyone know why data crapped out and now all I can get is 3g?

eguvebyq.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones