• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][ALPHA] Quattrimus ICS (CM9, AOKP40)

Data pooped out on me on the cm9 build. Tried dirty flashing over it but to no avail. I'll probably flash aokp in the morning to see if it holds out longer.

Get a logcat of the radio and post it on pastebin. You should have wifi off just to make sure it tries to connect. Start the log at boot and let it go for at least 5 min.

adb logcat -b radio > radio.log

Upvote 0
TDM, I found another reason why we're having so many issues and it's kernel script related.

init.qcom.sh

line 69 : target=`getprop ro.product.device`

On V4, build.prop called out our device as VS920. On V7, they changed it to i_vzw, but they never updated what their scripts are looking for.

line 74,75:
case $target in
"msm8660_surf" | "msm8660_csfb" | "VS920")

This one is for a something we don't need, but I found the same call in /system/etc/init.qcom.post_boot.sh

line 58,59
case "$target" in
"msm8660_surf" | "msm8660_csfb" | "VS920")

This deals with loading modules for power consumption and cpu settings. I'm sure there are more to be found too, but this is what I have so far.

Just thought you should know about this.

Reactions: dspl1236 and tdm
Upvote 0
tdm, here's the link to the radio log. Sorry I didn't get it sooner. My wife was dragging me all over today and I haven't had time until now. I didn't get it right from bootup but I did start it soon thereafter. From what I can see, it's some kind of error from lteOnCdmaProductType. Of course, I don't really know much about this yet so I'm most likely wrong.

Reactions: tdm
Upvote 0
tdm, here's the link to the radio log. Sorry I didn't get it sooner. My wife was dragging me all over today and I haven't had time until now. I didn't get it right from bootup but I did start it soon thereafter. From what I can see, it's some kind of error from lteOnCdmaProductType. Of course, I don't really know much about this yet so I'm most likely wrong.
Are you set to CDMA only in the network type menu? If it was LTE/CDMA i would expect to see some GSM commands being sent.

Edit: correction. I do see some GSM calls at the beginning, but then it looks like the data stack is crashing.

Reactions: ortrigger
Upvote 0
Ok, I'm out for the night. TDM, hopefully you can make some sense of this. It's as far as I seem to be able to get with fixing GPS.

Code:
[ 12-15 22:53:19.090   438:0x388 E/LocSvc_eng ]

I/===> int loc_eng_set_position_mode(loc_eng_data_s_type&, LocPosMode&) line 583 

[ 12-15 22:53:19.090   438:0x389 D/LocSvc_adapter ]

loc_eng_set_position mode, client = -1234, interval = 1000, mode = 1

[ 12-15 22:53:19.090   438:0x389 E/LocSvc_api_rpc_glue ]

slot not available ioctl_type = RPC_LOC_IOCTL_SET_FIX_CRITERIA

[ 12-15 22:53:19.090   438:0x388 E/LocSvc_eng ]

I/===> int loc_eng_start(loc_eng_data_s_type&) line 444 

[ 12-15 22:53:19.090   438:0x389 E/LocSvc_api_rpc_glue ]

I/---> loc_start_fix line 422 -1234

Upvote 0
Has anyone else noticed that when you close the notification drawer in an app that the screen flickers? I'm getting this in both CM9 and AOKP. sometimes when this happens the app closes. Not a force close ( or at least I don't get the pop up ) but just closes.

I started having this screen flicker with eclipse alpha 3 and it was getting very bad. Now I only notice it when close the notification window and i too have it on aokp and cm9.

Someone who is having this issue needs to flash the v7 cab and report if it's happening on stock. I would do it but I don't have the internet to do it with right now.

Upvote 0
So if I understand the posts correctly, AOKP is working great with data, but CM9 has some glitches?
I only as because I need my phone to be 100% for work. I can handle some glitches, but I have to have data to get email 24/7.
As far as I can tell, both have data that can be finicky any time you reboot into recovery. I always keep data through regular reboots on both CM9 and AOKP and when I use recovery, cycling the radio on/off a few times always brings it back for me.

Upvote 0
So if I understand the posts correctly, AOKP is working great with data, but CM9 has some glitches?
I only as because I need my phone to be 100% for work. I can handle some glitches, but I have to have data to get email 24/7.

I've actually had better luck with data on CM9, although 1x seems stronger on AOKP. They're both temperamental with data, I just lose it less and find it easier to get back on CM9 (actually went back to PG's though). Best way to keep it that I've found is to never, never open the Mobile networks menu; just opening it seems to mess up mine! Sounds like you keep it on all the time so you may not have a problem, mine has been fine as long as I leave it on. And if I do lose it, dialing the *#*#4636#*#* and resetting it brings it right back. Sometimes just turning it off and back on (from the toggle, not the menu!) works too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones