1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support if i buy esteem today at metro store will it have restarting problems?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by toke_, Jan 2, 2012.

1. toke_

toke_ Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 1, 2011
    South Beach, Miami
    i was going to buy from a website but i live in a bad neighborhood and my mail gets stolen sometimes, not taking any chances lol. so i want to make sure if i buy it like today if it will be working properly or if it might have issues

Advertisement

2. ShinySide

ShinySide Android Expert
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    Palm Bay, Florida
    Nobody can answer that really. Kinda hard too

3. rt-hemiboy

rt-hemiboy Member
    None

Jul 28, 2011
    Miami
    ^^^ Yea w.e he said lol..it's like a playing a lucky game my cousing bought one at a lil retailer store in a mall and its working fine so far no rebooting or 4g issue he still on zvb thou not planning on updating either..

I wish you luck you could always buy it and if u use it an talk less than an 1hour you could always get an exchange or get ur money back..

4. n4zty

n4zty Android Expert
    None

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    i can say i bought mine 2 weeks ago and never had a reboot issue or any kind of issue. i think Lg relised there was a bug so decided to fix it with a update and every new phone comes already with the update installed. take it from me if ur planning to get the phone go for it!

toke_ likes this.
  5. PRkid

PRkid Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 16, 2011
    Male
    Lazy person
    Bronx, NY
    I also bought mine, about 2 weeks ago. Hasnt rebooted on its own, yet.

6. n4zty

n4zty Android Expert
    None

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    LG jumped fast when they heard about this bug so my theory is everyone that bought their phone around when it first came out are having this issue or was having this issue but any1 that bought the phone just recently are not having this prob so its safe for now.

7. redhook

redhook Android Expert
    None

Aug 25, 2011
    Cameron Park
    My Esteem is from the first batch sent out to the corporate stores (has 9/29 written on it), and I haven't had a single issue. In fact the first update hadn't been released when I got the phone.

8. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Android Expert
    None

Nov 26, 2011
    To help people, currently student
    US
    i havent gotten any issue at all. and i have gotten this phone like 1.5 months ago...

9. ShinySide

ShinySide Android Expert
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    Palm Bay, Florida
    I bought one at the end of October and one in the middle of December and neither have had any issues at all

toke_ likes this.
  10. Gomez025

Gomez025 Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 5, 2011
    Former authorized dealer for MetroPCS
    Van Nuys, CA
    I bought my esteem mid-october and the only issue I had was my media scanning taking FOREVER to scan media files but I already fixed it. Ever since it's been great for me except it restarted itself at one point but that's it.

11. Lolas Dad

Lolas Dad Member
    None

Dec 13, 2011
    Never had an issue with mine. I ordered mine from the MetroPCS website and the FedEx delivery and MetroPCS required a signature so if you were to order it from the site as long as someone is going to be there at the time of delivery you will be fine. If not then buy it from the store. Just make sure that they tell you all they need to about the return policy, rebate, etc.

The thing about ordering it from the site is that I did not have to activate it right away. I don't know if a store will require that or not but I do know if you get the insurance on he phone they require it at the time of activation if you desire the insurance. If you do not want the insurance it cannot be added on later. Do not let the sales person at the store tell you that it can be. The insurance is good to have because it protects the phone from loss, theft and damage. Don't go for the contact backup feature because I never did get it to work and later found out you can save your contacts by syncing the phone with your Google account.

Tags: