• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help if i buy esteem today at metro store will it have restarting problems?

^^^ Yea w.e he said lol..it's like a playing a lucky game my cousing bought one at a lil retailer store in a mall and its working fine so far no rebooting or 4g issue he still on zvb thou not planning on updating either..

I wish you luck you could always buy it and if u use it an talk less than an 1hour you could always get an exchange or get ur money back..

Upvote 0
i can say i bought mine 2 weeks ago and never had a reboot issue or any kind of issue. i think Lg relised there was a bug so decided to fix it with a update and every new phone comes already with the update installed. take it from me if ur planning to get the phone go for it!

Reactions: toke_
Upvote 0
LG jumped fast when they heard about this bug so my theory is everyone that bought their phone around when it first came out are having this issue or was having this issue but any1 that bought the phone just recently are not having this prob so its safe for now.

Upvote 0
LG jumped fast when they heard about this bug so my theory is everyone that bought their phone around when it first came out are having this issue or was having this issue but any1 that bought the phone just recently are not having this prob so its safe for now.

My Esteem is from the first batch sent out to the corporate stores (has 9/29 written on it), and I haven't had a single issue. In fact the first update hadn't been released when I got the phone.

Upvote 0

i havent gotten any issue at all. and i have gotten this phone like 1.5 months ago...

Upvote 0
Never had an issue with mine. I ordered mine from the MetroPCS website and the FedEx delivery and MetroPCS required a signature so if you were to order it from the site as long as someone is going to be there at the time of delivery you will be fine. If not then buy it from the store. Just make sure that they tell you all they need to about the return policy, rebate, etc.

The thing about ordering it from the site is that I did not have to activate it right away. I don't know if a store will require that or not but I do know if you get the insurance on he phone they require it at the time of activation if you desire the insurance. If you do not want the insurance it cannot be added on later. Do not let the sales person at the store tell you that it can be. The insurance is good to have because it protects the phone from loss, theft and damage. Don't go for the contact backup feature because I never did get it to work and later found out you can save your contacts by syncing the phone with your Google account.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones