• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

In a bad situation.. :(

edimmu

Sep 23, 2012
A few years ago I had an iPod but I sold it because it was becoming super slow. I then used the money to buy the LG Esteem because my friend was selling a brand new one for really cheap ($180).

However, now I'm realizing that I barely using my phones for calls+texts+4g (I make like five calls a month, ten texts maybe, and I use all my data from my house's wifi. I use my phone heavily for videos, apps etc. but I'm kind of pissed that I'm paying $35 a month for service I'm not really using.

What should I do now? Would it be smart to sell the Esteem on eBay or something or should I just keep the Esteem as it is? I was going to sell it then buy an iPod Touch but then I see now the iPod Touch 5 starts at $299 so there's no way I'll spend that much on it. Please, I'm just so confused about what to do with my Esteem that I barely its service.

Any advice appreciated thanks :)

If you are already rooted, why not install the number 2 rom? If you dont need metro, you could keep airplane mode on all the time! With that being done alone, your phone would last weeks on idle having only charged one time.
Theres an app called grooveIP that uses your Google voice number to make calls over wifi, then theres TextPlus for picture messaging just to name a few.
I would take a deactivated Esteem over an itouch ANY DAY.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones