• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Installing Android on fake iPhone 4

Ok, so taking off the back case has not helped me at all. There is only another plastic cover, do not want to take that off as it could potentially break something I do not want to break.

surely there must be a way to find out what phone I have? All suggestions deeply appriciated.

I have downloaded an app called Android System Info and it has given me some more information.

OS
Browser UserAgent : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux: U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; Android 2.3.6 Build/ GRK39F) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1

Android ID : ad461437207b9b4e

BuildInfos
Android Version: 2.3.6
Release Codename: REL
CPU ABI: armeabi
Hardware: mt6573
Board: Android 2.3.6
Brand: yusu
Display: ALPS.GB.FDD2.MP.V4.5
Fingerprint: yusu/Android 2.3.6/Android2.3.6:2.3.6/GRK39F/eng.doner.1334557048:eng/test-keys
Host: doner-TD073
ID: GRK39F

CPU
Processor: ARMv6-compatible processor rev 7 (v6l)
BogoMIPS: 797.90
Features: swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp java
CPU implementer: 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant: 0x0
CPU part: 0xb76
CPU revision: 7
Hardware: MT6573
Revision: 65fb8a00

What do I need to do from here? I have no idea what is the best way forward? I would like to have an english version of Android on the phone and then from there if an Iphone interface is practical ok, not too bothered but it would be nice.

I have a very small idea of what rooting and putting a ROM onto it means. But by no means pretend I know how to do it or what it actually does.

I'm not tottally stupid though (haha) able to follow instruction etc.

Upvote 0
Search for mt6573. There are lots of results so you will have to do some digging.

Thank you. I will get started.

You have been really helpful.

Could I ask where I can find information on what rooting is and also what putting "a ROM on it" means.

I can guess at it, but think better to actually know.

I would feel alot more comfortable when carrying out the operations if I knew what effects my actions had type of thing.

Sorry also, is mtk 6573 the same as mt 6573 ?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hi, I am also new to this.I recently bought a fake iphone and its hardware is really poor so I would like to install android instead.All the information I can find is:
Model: MC6062P
Serial Number : C38GVNWMDTCO
Version : 5.0.1(9A405)
Modem : 04.10.01
PLease let me know if it is able to replace it with android!
Thanks a lot!!!

Given that it's a knock-off iPhone that isn't using Android in the first place, the chances of putting Android on it are pretty close to zero. Yeh, the hardware usually is quite poor with these things.

Upvote 0
Hi., i dont know if anyone will still reply to this topic but im new here and id also need some help regarding a fake iphone4s i bought not long ago. id like to know if i can install android into this one. and here are the details i could get

Model: MD234LL
Version : 5.1.1(9B206)
Modem firmware 1.0.13

can anyone help me? thanks!

Upvote 0
Hi., i dont know if anyone will still reply to this topic but im new here and id also need some help regarding a fake iphone4s i bought not long ago. id like to know if i can install android into this one. and here are the details i could get

Modem firmware 1.0.13

also got the same problem as karik.....anyone plz help.....same model, version and moderm firm

Upvote 0

Modem firmware 1.0.13

same problem as well. help please. desperately want to change the os since any sim card I insert into the phone is not registering.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the Android Forums, that's a really good question. I bet if we can figure out what model your phone is we may be able to see if it's hackable/how easy it would be to put Android on it. The thing that really matters is a dev would need to own the same phone, and depending on what model you have it may not have been tried yet.

I also have the samae problem like this
Model : A1332
EMC: 380A
FCCID:BCG-E280A
IC:579C-E2380

Upvote 0

Modem firmware 1.0.13

>>> Me also have the same problem with Karik.. Fake Iphone 4S
Modem firmware 1.0.13
Carrier : Mobile 11.0

>>> I only want to enable the WI-FI, but cannot detect the WI-FI connection. There is some Menu on the WLAN; such as :
CMCC, CMCC-EDU.

>>> The setting WLAN have menu like below :
Auto Connect : ON
CMCC WLAN auto certification : ON
Auto Search : ON
Local Properties : MAC Address, IP Address, Gateway, Submask, DNS1, DNS2
Proxy Settings: Proxy IP Address, Proxy Port, Username, Password, Reject list

Please help me how to setting the correct WI-FI, so this phone can detect the WIFI network. Thanks a bunch !

Upvote 0
Or better still don't buy any fake china iphone or whatever.
These phones just make you sick and wondered why you ever bought one like i did. Well we learn from our mistake
and its a costly one. So forget about fake china phone.
They only give you headache.

when buying a china phone you really have to read or you get screwed... I bought a Star W007 and I love it... A friend wants to buy it and even tho I'm not using it anymore I still wanna keep it... It has ICS 4.0.4 on it with a 1ghz dual core, 512 mb of ram 2 gb of internal storage and was very easy to root using restore... moral of the story is make sure the wcdma or hspa has 850/1900 for north America and buy from a buyer with a excellent reputation...

W007 Android 4.0 ICS iPhone Clone MTK6575 1Ghz Processor Video Demo--androidforcheap.com - YouTube

paid 125.00$ and never regretted it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones