• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Galaxy S3 Android Firmware Update?

Have you had any luck?
I've done a bit of reading on flashing firmware to the Chinese i9300 and I think the problem is in the bootloader. When flashing with Odin using the pc it will try to change the bootloader to the one which comes with the new firmware which it won't let you do. There appears to be a way round this by flashing the firmware with the mobile Odin app as this doesn't attempt to change the bootloader.

Upvote 0
Did you move the neat rom file from "downloads" to the root of the memory?
(Stab in the dark lol, im just a dummy.. duno if it matters.
@SG, before flashing a rom, am i meant to wipe anything in "mounts and whatever" in CWM?
I wiped everything except that when i flashed Neat....

The only thing I touch in mounts and storage is format system. It's not necessary as you'll probably be fine without doing it. I just format it for a cleaner install.

I managed to get it working, just re-downloaded the file and uploaded it again and worked first time.

Once again thanks to all who helped me out will def recommend this site to anyone. :)

Cool, no problem. In glad you're sorted:)

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones