• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Samsung S3 gaming lag.

kenneth70

Feb 7, 2011
Malaysia
Hi guys just have a few enquiries i would like to make . Firstly am new to this site so apologies for any mistakes I make . I have a rooted S3 International Version . Alls ok except for the gaming lag , NFS Most Wanted , ROC, Vector, D Day just to name a few all are having the same issues . I have tried Force GPU Rendering and limiting processes but to no avail . Do any of you guys have any suggestions . It would be much appreciatted. Thanks guys . :thinking:

You may need to wipe the cache partition, do the following:
1. Turn off the device.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up key, Home key, and Power key at the same time.
3. When the phone vibrates, let go of the buttons.
4. Press the Volume Down key to move to and highlight wipe cache partition.
5. Press the Power key to select and wipe the cache partition.
6. After the wipe is finished, go back up till reboot system now is highlighted and press the Power key to restart the phone.

Upvote 0
Hi , nope am rooted with kernel version siyah 3.0.31. Not quite sure what this all means am new to rooting . The thing is on the net there are a few S3 owners who say that they face the gaming lag like I do but there are also others who dont .So im in a bind as to what im supposed to think . Is there something wrong with the phone or is it just one of those things . Yesterday i switched off my data and gamed NFS and there was alot less lag . Even the phone ran cooler , noticed that it starts to lag once its starts to heat up so.... Anyways thanks for the help bro.

Upvote 0
Since youre using Siyah, you can download an overclock app (i use No Frills Cpu Control) and set Max Cpu speed to 1.7Ghz which is quite a big jump in speed (just now its at 1.4) but the phone will get hotter.
How hot does it get just now?
I use Battery Notifier, it can put battery percentage in statusbar but also put Temperature etc in notification area uploadfromtaptalk1366680780633.jpg

Im on same version of Siyah btw.
Maybe it would be best to just unroot and reset the flash counter and try and get a replacement. Im not sure if Samsung would accept that theres a problem though..

Upvote 0
Same mate. If i was a gamer i could maybe find the same faults but im not.. i just know the s3 should easily run any game out there. Unless its a game specialy made for say a Tigra chi?pset or something.
Have you checked the s3 reviews in playstore for the games youre havin probz with to see if its widespread

I havent tweaked my Gpu yet btw... hav u got a link to a guide for what values are safe to set mate?

Upvote 0
Hi , I have heard of the chipset compatibility issues with certain games but their not that in depth though lots of conflicting views . S3 owners comments on NFS are mostly ok , but most that i have read have problems with Temple Run , Nova 3 , MC 3 etc. Am really not that into gaming however but I got this phone cause its supposed to be able to pull it off , so its just a " Got to know if its spoilt or not kinda thing you know" . Anyways have been looking for a safe set of tweaking values for the s3 but I havent come across any yet , am also new to this rooting thing and I dont wanna brick my device you know . Cheers mate.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones